Working Full Time - 37.5 hours per week
Are you committed to making the vision of a fully digitally-enabled NHS a reality? Do you relish the challenge of working with clinical and operational staff, customers and partners to design better services supported by technology? If so, then join us at the Countess of Chester Hospital to improve the care of patients through digital means. Who we need:
The Trust is seeking an experienced individual to step into the role of I.T Support & Training Coordinator, to work within the Clinical Solutions Support Team. Working as a deputy to the Clinical Solutions manager within the team, we are looking for an individual who can think laterally, and pragmatically to coordinate the clinical system support and training offering to the Trust and our healthcare partners,
The Trust has recently implemented a new Trust wide electronic patient record (EPR) system - Cerner Millennium in 2021, and this is an exciting time to be part of a team that is supporting the new EPR, as well as the other clinical systems that are all used to support patient care.
The successful candidate should have knowledge and experience of working in a support environment, and also experience of training planning and / or delivery.Main duties of the job
You will be expected to provide 1st line management to the Clinical Solutions team and supporting the Clinical Solutions Manager as deputy to help support the running of the training and support service.
We currently offer a wide learning portfolio of training with a blended learning approach. The successful candidate will be expected to help run and co-ordinate the training service, inputting into the training plan and ensuring that the training service is being run efficiently. The candidate will be expected to help alongside the team develop training materials, including eLearning and classroom materials. There will also be a requirement to deliver training in the classroom. Experience of working with training reporting is useful but not essential as training will be given.
The candidate will also be required to co-ordinate the running of the support service, this will be via our trust service desk. You will need to ensure that issues from the trust are dealt with in an efficient manner and so to ensure that the clinical services are able to fully operate. Working as part of the team you will be picking up issues and resolving, as well as developing support materials to ensure the support foundation is in place for the team. The role will require to be part of the on-call team, providing out of hours support on a 24-hour rota.About us
The Countess of Chester Hospital NHS Foundation Trust provides services to West Cheshire and to Welsh patients covered by Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board. The Trust works collaboratively within the wider Cheshire and Merseyside Health and Care Partnership. Its services are provided from three locations:
- The Countess of Chester Hospital: providing 438 general and acute beds
- Ellesmere Port Hospital: providing 56 beds as a rehabilitation, intermediate and outpatient facility
- Tarporley War Memorial Hospital: a base for community services which serve the local rural population.
The Trust employs over 6258 staff (headcount) which includes temporary bank staff and provides acute emergency and elective services, primary care direct access services and obstetric services to a population of approximately 407,000. This includes 357,000 residents in Chester and West Cheshire which includes Ellesmere Port and Neston as well as the Deeside area of Flintshire which has a population of approximately 50,000.
The Trust is a busy district general hospital and in 2022/2023, there were more than 503,342 patient attendances (inpatient, outpatient and diagnostic) ranging from a simple outpatient appointment to major cancer surgery. This is an increase of nearly 10,000 compared to the previous year when there were 494,387 patient attendances.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
See Job Description for further details.
Recruitment selection processes are based on competence (see Person specification) and values.
Please note applicants will be required to pay for their DBS check. Costs are deducted from salary following appointment. The cost of the DBS application is �23 (standard) or �43 (enhanced), this cost will be deducted from your salary over the first three months of employment.
You are encouraged to enrol for the DBS Update Service. A small annual fee of �13 per year applies.
New entrants to the NHS will commence on the minimum of the scale stated above.
Applicants are advised to apply early as if a large number of applications are received for this post, we reserve the right to close the vacancy prior to the advertised date.
Good luck with your application.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Qualified to Degree level in a relevant field or equivalent knowledge and experience.
- Evidence of continued professional development.
- IT qualification such as Advanced ECDL or equivalent keyboard & PC Skills.
Knowledge & ExperienceEssential
- ITIL V 4.0
- Training qualification such as Train the Trainer or equivalent
- Experience of working within IT Clinical Systems environment
- Experience of supporting IT systems and customers
- Solid understanding of use of clinical systems across the healthcare environment.
- Experience of Training
- Intermediate working knowledge of at least one clinical system
- Knowledge of development and implementation of IM& T policies
Skills and AbilitiesEssential
- Knowledge of principles governing confidentiality and security of personal data.
- Knowledge of management of service desk and associated issue resolution.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to use own judgement whilst adhering to department protocols, referring to senior staff as appropriate.
- Ability to identify, assess & resolve problems originating from a number of factors.
- Ability to understand the environment and prioritise issue resolution accordingly.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to implement new IM& T policies and confidence to propose service improvements / policy changes.
- Ability to work under pressure.
Countess of Chester Hospital NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Countess of Chester Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.