We are recruiting for a Matron - Emergency Departmentwho shares our vision to be trusted to provide consistently outstanding care and exemplary service to our patients.
You will have day to day professional and managerial responsibility for the department, supporting and providing assurance to the Divisional Management Team on the delivery of safe, high quality and cost effective care.
You will be responsible for supporting the management of Flow/capacity across the clinical area supporting maintenance of safe clinical pathways.
You will also support the oversite and management of our acute Practice Development Team, so if education and leadership interest you then this could be the role for you.
Our Values are I
espect and I
mprove. It is important that you understand and refer to our values during your recruitment process and beyond!Main duties of the job
You will provide expert professional leadership, informed, objective and pragmatic nursing advice to the ED team and the Divisional senior team, ensuring there are robust systems and monitoring in place to support all matters relating to patient care and experience.
You will be responsible for the implementation, monitoring and evaluation of systems within Urgent and Emergency Care
You will be responsible for the delivery, monitoring and recording of care episodes in line with national and local clinical quality standards for the speciality area, demonstrating compliance and assurance as required.
You will be responsible for supporting the management of Flow/capacity across their clinical area supporting maintenance of safe clinical pathways.
You will ensure the continued delivery of their clinical areas Workforce Strategy which enables the continued growth of the service through effective recruitment, development and deployment of the right skill mix of nursing staff appropriate to service requirements.
You will oversee the management of our PD team, and support the training and development of our team.About us
At East and North Hertfordshire NHS Trust, we are proud of the range of general & specialist services we provide & our 6,000 or so dedicated staff ensure our patients get the best care. Our ability to be flexible & innovative in the way in which we work and deliver our services to our catchment has never been more important than it is now.
We run the following hospitals:
- The Lister Hospital, Stevenage
- New Queen Elizabeth II (New QEII), Welwyn Garden City
- Hertford County, Hertford
- Mount Vernon Cancer Centre (MVCC), Northwood
We have ambitious plans to become an outstanding, patient-led Trust where dedicated staff provide high-quality, compassionate care to our patients. We continue to undergo significant transformation our staff & patients are at the heart of delivering this ambitious agenda.
We understand that finding and starting a new job is an important life decision. If you need reasonable adjustments for a disability, or a life event, such as menopause - so that we can consider your application fairly & to get the best out of you during the selection process, please let us know.
We are committed to a positive work life balance for our employees. Employees are entitled to seek to work flexible working patterns & we are committed to listen and consider all requests. Such requests, of course, have to be made & considered formally, & will need to be balanced against service needs, but our starting point will always be to find ways to support making them happen.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see the attached Job Description and Person Specification applicant pack for further detailed information regarding this role.Person SpecificationQualifications / TrainingEssential
Desirable Previous ExperienceEssential
- Registered Nurse
- Post Graduate level achievement or equivalent experience
- Management qualification or equivalent experience
- Has continued own professional development
- Up to date Advanced Trauma Life Support accreditation
- Substantial NHS experience in an acute environment.
- Demonstrable achievements in improving patient care, compliance with key performance indicators, being forward thinking and supporting design and successful delivery of quality improvement initiatives/projects
- Demonstrable experience of effective financial management
- Leading development and implementation and evaluation
- Working effectively across professional boundaries
- Line management experience of groups of staffing
- Implementing change in a complex environment
- Experience of a leadership nursing role in a busy emergency department.
- Able to communicate and work effectively and co -operatively with a wide range of people of different backgrounds and viewpoints
- Able to build professional and personal credibility to gain support, express ideas persuasively within a range of settings and environments
- Able to express ideas clearly and succinctly in speech or writing
- Able to demonstrate leadership in others across the Trust and in complex organisational circumstances
- Able to grasp quality issues nationally and locally and achieve implementation of solutions to such issues
- Able to interpret data to inform change and improvement strategies
- Demonstrate compassionate leadership
- Have an in -depth understanding of nursing policy and its implications for the workforce and future health care delivery
- Understanding of national policy and future impact on acute organisations
- Have a good awareness of equality and diversity across a wide range of individuals and groups
- Understand workforce planning issues facing nursing and the wider Trust and health economy.
- Have a thorough understanding of the NHS improvement and performance management agenda
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Demonstrable evidence of ability to manage physical and emotional wellbeing of self and others
- Experience and evidence of engagement around equality, diversity and inclusion issues in relation to policy, service development and service delivery in respect of both services to users and the management of staff
- Role model our Trust values every day
East and North Herts NHS TrustAddress
Coreys Mill Lane
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.