Following a successful pilot, an exciting and rare opportunity has arisen for us to permanently expand our inpatient teams with Band 7, Clinical Nurse Specialists -Inpatient
We are looking for motivated and dynamic individuals, with a strong clinical background. The role requires strong compassionate leadership, working closely with staff, young people and families/ carers.
You will be expected to role model and support junior staff, offering guidance and support particularly with complex presentations.
As a CAMHS nurse within SLaM you will also be able to become a member of our very own Nursing Academy, a virtual academy recently launched for CAMHS nurses.Main duties of the job
You will be working as a Senior Nurse alongside the Ward Manager and Matron as part of the MDT inpatient team. This role includes shift pattern working across seven days as you will be providing senior nursing support to the team on shift. There will be both time 'in numbers' on the shift and supernumerary.
The CAMHS senior nursing team is a supportive team and one of which you will be a valued and essential member of, helping to influence and develop our services.About us
We have 3 inpatient ward one at Denmark Hill, 5 minutes from the train station (zone 2). Two are at Bethlem Hospital Site in Beckenham (free parking). Preference for location will be discussed at interview but there is an expectation you may be expected to cover another ward.
Our inpatient services for young people aged 13 - 18. Benefits
Other benefits include:
- Generous pay, pensions and leave, we offer a comprehensive pay, pensions and leave package, dependent on the role and length of service.
- Work life balance, flexible working and supporting a range of flexible options, e.g. part-time working and job sharing.
- Career development, There are plenty of opportunities to progress your career, we support your development through a number of programmes e.g. mentoring, coaching, positive people management, collective leadership and other talent programmes
- Car lease, competitive deals to lease cars
- Accommodation, keyworker housing available on selected sites
- NHS discounts, discounts up to 10% from a variety of well-known brands through Health Service Discounts website.
- Counselling services
- Wellbeing events
- Long service awards
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Childcare vouchers
- Staff restaurants
South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust encourages and welcomes applications from people with lived experience of mental health challenges. We see this as valuable and recognise the positive impact this experience can have on the work we do.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
(a) To provide senior nursing support across the ward(b) Provide assessments, other specialist assessments and risk assessments
(c) Formulate care plans, based on assessment. Design, write and share a copy of the care plan with patients and other professional colleagues
(d) Carry out the care plan using evidence-based models of psychological and psychotherapeutic interventions.
(f) Assess safeguarding issues for each case and refer concerns appropriately.
(g) Maintain good relationships and clear lines of communication with other professional agencies and departments, providing specialist advice and support where appropriate.
(h) To work in ways that is sensitive to the needs of the patients and individuals from a wide range of racial, cultural and religious backgrounds, mindful of the impact that race, culture, gender, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability and social difference may have on client systems and to develop innovative ways of meeting their particular needs.Person SpecificationEducation & QualificationsEssential
Desirable Skills & AbilitiesEssential
- First level nursing qualification/registration RN Mental Health
- Training in clinical supervision such as ENB 998 or mentorship and or equivalent experience and training
- Evidence of competency in clinical judgement and risk assessment
- Excellent written and verbal presentation skills
- Good IT and data entry skills
- Proven ability to be 'reflective' in therapeutic practice and adapt practice from this reflection
- Demonstrate an ability to work effectively as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Excellent time management skills
- Skills in negotiating & influencing others
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience in carrying out mental health assessments and treatments
- Knowledge of relevant legislation.
- Theoretical knowledge of psychopathology and the general evidence base for treatment
- Assessment of risk and management of risk factors
- The principles underlying confidentiality and information sharing.
South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Maudsley and Bethlem Sites
London and Beckenham
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.