Looking for a new Challenge?
This could be for you...We have the ideal opportunity for you to join our team working within the Domestic Department at the Leicester General Hospital and Glenfield Hospital.
Our Team provides a safe and clean environment for our Patients and Visitors.
We are looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic Domestic Services Manager, who is keen to learn and work with the whole team.Team working is an essential part of this role although you may occasional work alone.
A driving license is an advantage but not essential
The successful candidate, will have a high standard of qualifications and learning.Main duties of the job
The role involvesthe responsibility for the operational management of a comprehensive facilities service
- To contribute to the achievement of good corporate governance on all aspects relating to Domestic Services ensuring compliance with Trust policies and procedures
- To be a contributor in the process of ensuring compliance with all Trust Statutory and Non Statutory responsibilities relating to Facilities Services i.e. Food Hygiene Regulations, COSHH, Health & Safety.
- Provide leadership for next in line staff, setting their service and operational objectives and ensure a supportive environment in order that these can be delivered.
- Provide sound management of budgets, seeking to maximise the benefits to be realised from the use of pay and non-pay budgets.
- Participate and contribute to the development of staff within the service to ensure an appropriately skilled workforce able to deliver an efficient, effective service.
- To undertake any other reasonable duties requested.
- Full role details are explained within the Job Description for this role.
Our new strategy, developed with the support and feedback of colleagues, patients, and partners, is our compass for the next seven years (2023-2030).
We have four primary goals:
- high-quality care for all,
- being a great place to work,
- partnerships for impact, and
- research and education excellence
And we will embed health equality in all we do - taking active steps to reduce the avoidable differences in healthcare that some people face, working in partnership with communities.
Our strategy is underpinned by new values and we will work to ensure they are an everyday reality for all:
- we are compassionate,
- we are proud,
- we are inclusive, and
- we are one team
This is an exciting moment as we look to the future with clarity on what we already do well and where we need to focus our energies to make an even bigger difference for the people we serve.
About the University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust:
http://www.leicestershospitals.nhs.uk/aboutus/work-for-us/current-vacancies/Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Day to day operational responsibility for ensuring that the range of Facilities functions inthe absence of Departmental Manager , is provided efficiently and cost effectively, at the agreed quality and according to customer requirements.Demonstrate clear leadership of the services and staff which motivates all staff to achieve high quality services and maintain good staff morale.In conjunction with the Facilities Manager produce and implement appropriate training plan to ensure staff receive required job role and mandatory training and comply with hygiene and safety legislation to protect themselves, colleagues, patients, staff and visitors.Monitor the effectiveness and quality of services provided by carrying out technical and managerial audits in designated disciplinesSubmit accurate reports to the Facilities Manager in a timely manner, including audit results for the National Specification for Cleanliness in the NHS, action plans resulting from Environmental Health and other audits, patient feeding costs.Implements clinical audit through involvement in design, analysis, data collection, report preparation, dissemination of audit results.Communicates audit results orally and in writing to own and other professions, assists healthcare and other staff interpretation of audit results.Provides advice on data collection and analysis methods to other researchers and clinicians and Provides training on audit methodologies.Delegated responsibility for the day to day management of designated budgets in linewith the organisations Standing Financial Instructions, ensuring all financial targets aremet, including the achievement of cost improvement measures.Ensure that incident reporting is undertaken as appropriate and that Trust policy (e.g. Risk Management) is adhered to at all times.
FinancialThe post holder will have delegated responsibility for the day to day management and monitoring of designated facilities services budgets.Ensure all financial targets are met ensuring that the budgets are managed within the Trust Standing Financial Instructions.Ensure all purchasing is undertaken to enable the best use of resources.
Human ResourcesLine management responsibility for facilities staff providing leadership, setting service objectives and ensuring sufficient support is available in order to achieve these
Responsible for Personal Development Reviews ensuring staff have a personal development plan to maximise individual potential and to meet the directorate and Trusts aims and objectives.Ensure that all mandatory and legislative training is identified and undertaken by all staff within the remit of facilities services.Monitor sickness and absence figures and ensures all staff are aware of the organisations sickness and absence policy.Investigate, manage and support staff as required in relation to sicknessabsence, poor performance, grievance and disciplinary issues, writing detailed reports.Recruitment process for all staff relating to provision of facilities servicesdisciplines within area of remitPerson Specificationtrust valuesEssential
- Demonstrate Trust Values and behaviours in full
- knows the uhl trust values
- experience of 5 years + of leading a large team
- experience of leading a small team
- explains how flexible in working hours they can be
committment to roleEssential
- can work different shifts
- can demonstrate a committemnt to this role or previous roles
- previous roles simialr to this role
- willingness to undertake training, high level of education
Employer detailsEmployer name
- willingness to learn, good standard of education
University Hospitals of Leicester NHS TrustAddress
Leicester Royal Infirmary
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.