Brecon and Sennybridge Community Nursing Team have vacant posts.
Are you looking to make the difference in the lives of others by delivering care the way you've always wanted to?
Joining the District Nurses in Powys you will be able to work autonomously across a spectacularly beautiful rural setting to provide a variety of nursing care that produces real change in the lives of its community members. Be a part of something special. Main duties of the job
This is an ideal opportunity for a registered nurse who is seeking to broaden and utilize their range of skills and knowledge to nurse people in their own environment as part of a multi-disciplinary team. The post holder will participate in the delivery of skilled, autonomous nursing care to patients within their own home. Duties include palliative care support and assessment, care at the end of life, supporting and assessing individuals and carers with long-term health conditions, promotion of self-management skills and wound care.The Brecon and Sennybridge District Nursing Team are an integral part of the Virtual Ward that aims to prevent unnecessary admissions to hospital and facilitate early discharge home. The team also manage a weekly Leg Club as part of the Lindsay Leg Club Foundation.
The ability to speak Welsh is desirable for this post English and/or Welsh speakers are equally welcome to apply.About us
Being the smallest Heath Board in Wales means that you won't get lost in the crowd. Everybody at Powys Teaching Health Board is valued for the contribution they make to our varied and diverse portfolio of community-based services. Together, we can continue to make a real difference to our patients and build on our unrivalled reputation.
As a supportive and progressive employer, we actively encourage you to carve out a career with us, through a range of development pathways. We're also lucky enough to be situated in one of the most beautiful rural counties in Britain, let alone Wales! Achieving a healthy 'life work' balance is essential, and something we recognise by prioritising your well-being.
To start your journey with us, and to learn more about what we can offer you please visit: https://pthb.nhs.wales/working-for-us/. There you will find information about our benefits and values, read staff experiences and more about what our beautiful county has to offer. The ability to speak Welsh is desirable for this post English and/or Welsh speakers are equally welcome to apply
.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
You will be able to find a full Job description and Person Specification attached within the supporting documents or please click Apply now to view in Trac.
We are looking for motivated and committed nurses who want to be part of a caring and supportive team. We aim to deliver excellent standards of care to all people in our community. This can only be achieved by nurses who are committed to continuous professional development.
This post involves lone working and the ability to travel independently is essential.
Part time and full time applicants are welcomed.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- NMC Registered Nurses
- Evidence of continuing professional development
- Working towards Diploma / Degree / Masters qualification in CHS [District Nursing] Specialist Practitioner DN
- Working towards Supplementary Nurse Prescriber qualification
- Mentorship qualification
- Experience in a wide range of clinical skills
Aptitude and AbilitiesEssential
- Competence and confidence in a wide range of clinical skills including palliative care, chronic disease management and wound management
- A high level of interpersonal and communication skills
- Standard keyboard skills and IT literacy
- Ability to engage with members of the public
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to speak or learn Welsh to a satisfactory level
- Local knowledge of statutory and voluntary services
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to diffuse difficult/threatening situations
- Ability to deal with complex/stressful situations
- Able to work in a multi/disciplinary/multi-agency arena
- Excellent organisational skills
- Flexible working pattern
- Post is community base, the ability to travel throughout the locality in a timely manner is essential
Powys Teaching Health BoardAddress
Brecon and Sennybridge District
Ty Henry Vaughan
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.