We are currently seeking a highly motivated, organised, and resilient administrator to provide efficient business support to the Chief Medical Officer and the Deputy Director of Infection Prevention and Control in the Medical Directorate. This role plays a crucial part in the directorate's business support service, which operates in a fast-paced environment and is ideally suited for individuals who enjoy working as part of a cohesive, mutually supportive team.
The ideal candidate should possess excellent time management skills, be able to work effectively in a team setting, and work independently while showing initiative in completing tasks with meticulous attention to detail. Adaptability and flexibility are essential qualities for this position, as is the ability to prioritise against a backdrop of change and uncertainty.
In return, we offer a fulfilling role that provides opportunities for both personal and career growth.Main duties of the job
The post-holder will provide a comprehensive and high-quality professional business support to the Chief Medical Officer and the Deputy Director of Infection Prevention and Control.
They will work collaboratively with team members to provide a comprehensive support service to the Medical Directorate's senior leadership and Infection Prevention and Control teams. The post-holder will assist in the organisation of teams' schedules, diary management, the organisation and administration of a range of meetings, data management, and report writing.
The post-holder will work with the Business and Programme Manager to provide business support and undertake delegated project management in the operational management of the Medical Directorate, including the development and implementation of guidelines and protocols for administration services and setting up and developing systems, processes, and procedures to support the efficient and effective management of resources.
The post-holder will be responsible for responding to incoming telephone queries and emails, producing reports, and developing and maintaining efficient electronic filing systems.About us
Just as we care about our patients' wellbeing, we care about yours!
We can offer you:
- A comprehensive induction into the community service followed by a local induction to introduce you to the role
- Single occupancy accommodation in Central London - (we can help you find accommodation in London, support you with your deposit)
- Support with gaining your driving license *T& C's apply
- Car lease scheme *T& C's apply
- Flexible working options
- Annual travel card loan
- Training, support and development in your career
To have a full look at our benefits and what it's like working for us please go here: https://www.clch.nhs.uk/job/pay-and-benefitsJob descriptionJob responsibilities
Please refer to the attached Job Description for full list of responsibilities Person SpecificationEducation/QualificationEssential
- Anticipating the information and information requirements of the Chief Medical Officer and the Deputy Director of Infection Prevention and Control and making sure they are briefed appropriately ahead of scheduled events and meetings.
- Collaborating with the Business & Programme Manager to help the Chief Medical Officer and the Deputy Director of Infection Prevention and Control in planning and organising their workloads.
- Gathering information to prioritise their tasks effectively and ensuring deadlines are met.
- Keeping updated on the work of the Chief Medical Officer, the Deputy Director of Infection Prevention and Control, and the Medical Directorate to make informed decisions in their absence.
- Ensuring the provision of a high-quality and timely word processing service (using all Microsoft Office packages) when producing highly sensitive correspondence, reports, emails, presentations, project plans, and spreadsheets.
- Handling incoming and outgoing correspondence, acknowledging emails and letters, prioritising urgent or confidential correspondence, and ensuring efficient and secure logging and tracking.
- Preparing responses to letters and queries addressed to the Chief Medical Officer and the Deputy Director of Infection Prevention and Control. Acting on behalf of the Chief Medical Officer and the Deputy Director of Infection Prevention and Control in their absence.
- Undertaking projects involving the collection of information for analysis and providing management with statistical data to enable informed decisions.
- Liaising with external bodies such as GMC, NMC, NHS England, etc., as needed.
- Managing the diary and commitments of the Chief Medical Officer and the Deputy Director of Infection Prevention and Control.
- Assisting in managing departmental budgets as appropriate and prepare and code invoices for authorisation.
- Ensuring that the correct financial procedures are followed when ordering goods and services.
- Assisting with triaging servicing requests and other incoming correspondence.
- Managing office equipment and supplies and ordering stationery and non-stock requisitions in collaboration with other Business Support Officers.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Educated to degree level or equivalent level combination of diploma level education, further short courses / training, or equivalent experience.
- RSA II or equivalent.
- ECDL/ Microsoft or equivalent.
Central London Community Health TrustAddress
15 Marylebone Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.