We are currently expanding our Dietetics Service and looking to recruit Band 6 Dietitians who share our vision to be trusted to provide consistently outstanding care and exemplary service to our patients. Our Values are Include, Respect and Improve.This is a great opportunity to advance your dietetic career and gain experience in the specialist area of oncology with inpatient and outpatient working. You will require the skills to independently manage your own caseload and to demonstrate excellent team working skills. Prior experience of working with cancer patients is preferable, but we are able to provide specialist training for those applicants with minimal oncology experience.As a department we are proud to work on innovative multidisciplinary projects and you will be involved in upcoming audit and service evaluation. In addition to this you will assist with student placements and there is the opportunity to take on student lead responsibilities as well as supervise junior members of staff.As a Macmillan Professional, their promise is that they are committed to help you get the most out of your experience, and their comprehensive support works around you and gives you the tools to develop and provide the best possible service for people living with cancer. For further information as to the Macmillan promise, see attached information.Interviews to be held on the week commencing 20th November, the exact date to be confirmed.Main duties of the job
To work within the Nutrition and Dietetic team to support both radical and palliative oncology patients throughout their treatment at Mount Vernon Cancer Centre.
The post holder will be an advocate of evidence-based practice and be actively involved in the education and training of other healthcare professionals and dietitians.
Be legally responsible and accountable for all aspects of professional practice, adhering to the guidelines set out in the HCPC statement of conduct.
To request, collect and analyse relevant medical, pharmacological, social and nutritional information from patient's records and other health professionals.
To undertake comprehensive nutritional assessment of patients' requirements in order to plan safe and effective dietetic intervention.
To possess and utilise appropriate communication skills and counselling skills to provide empathetic, sensitive appropriate dietetic and nutritional advice to cancer patients and their relatives and carers.About us
At East and North Hertfordshire NHS Trust, we are proud of the range of general & specialist services we provide & our 6,000 or so dedicated staff ensure our patients get the best care. Our ability to be flexible & innovative in the way in which we work and deliver our services to our catchment has never been more important than it is now.
We run the following hospitals:
- The Lister Hospital, Stevenage
- New Queen Elizabeth II (New QEII), Welwyn Garden City
- Hertford County, Hertford
- Mount Vernon Cancer Centre (MVCC), Northwood
We have ambitious plans to become an outstanding, patient-led Trust where dedicated staff provide high-quality, compassionate care to our patients. We continue to undergo significant transformation our staff & patients are at the heart of delivering this ambitious agenda.
We understand that finding and starting a new job is an important life decision. If you need reasonable adjustments for a disability, or a life event, such as menopause - so that we can consider your application fairly & to get the best out of you during the selection process, please let us know.
We are committed to a positive work life balance for our employees. Employees are entitled to seek to work flexible working patterns & we are committed to listen and consider all requests. Such requests, of course, have to be made & considered formally, & will need to be balanced against service needs, but our starting point will always be to find ways to support making them happen.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
ENHT is seeking to maintain and expand the Mount Vernon Cancer Centre staff as we move to an exciting new future.
We welcome applications from those who would relish the opportunity to be part of new and developing cancer service, building on the excellent reputation, research and patient experience the Cancer Centre already delivers.
In addition, you will receive a High Cost Area Supplement of 15% of your basic salary, subject to a minimum payment of �4,314 and a maximum payment of �5,436 per annum pro rata.
Please see the attached Job Description and Person Specification applicant pack for further detailed information regarding this role.Person SpecificationQualifications/TrainingEssential
- Diploma or Degree in Nutrition and Dietetics
- Member of BDA or hold personal indemnity insurance
- Evidence of professional development and CPD
- Evidence of further study
- Member of relevant BDA specialist group
- Relevant NHS clinical experience
- Some experience of working with people with cancer
- Experience of educating and presenting to patient groups and staff
Skills and KnowledgeEssential
- Experience working within head and neck oncology / palliative care.
- Experience with student education
- Effective clinical analytical and reasoning skills
- Provide clear and effective Dietetic treatment plans.
- Working with patients to set SMART nutritional goals and reviewing these appropriately.
- Effective organisational skills and time-management
- Excellent interpersonal, non-verbal and verbal communication skills
- Computer literate
- Able to demonstrate effective presentation skills with staff and patients
- Ability to keep accurate and legible patient records and statistical information
- Able to work well under pressure and demonstrate flexibility
- Ability to contribute effectively as part of multidisciplinary team
- Ability to work independently
- Able to provide emotional support to patients where appropriate
- Demonstrate use of motivational interviewing and behaviour change strategies.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience and evidence of engagement around equality, diversity and inclusion issues in relation to policy, service development and service delivery in respect of both services to users and the management of staff
- Role model our Trust values every day
East and North Herts NHS TrustAddress
Mount Vernon Cancer Centre
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.