We are looking for experienced HR professionals to join our HR Business Partner team to provide excellent, proactive and professional HR advice to one of our clinical divisions.
You will support the HR Business Partner to work in partnership with managers to deliver their strategic and operational plans to provide a high quality, safe and compassionate acute health service.
As well as working collaboratively with a wide range of managers in all aspects of their service developments, including divisional change projects, you will also be involved in organisation wide HR initiatives.
This role offers a fantastic opportunity for CIPD qualified candidates with generalist experience to further develop their skills and confidence in a large, complex organisation. The HR Business Partner team is welcoming and supportive, and everything we do is underpinned by our core values. We will consider a variety of flexible working arrangements including agile working. What you'll need to succeed
Ideally you will be an experienced and well-developed HR Advisor or Manager with strong employee relations and change management experience gained from working in a complex and diverse organisation. You will have experience of working with HR metrics/analytics to enable evidence-based decisions. You will have proven experience of building effective working relationships with people at all levels, be a good communicator and be able to work as part of a team. Interview Date - 13th December2023.Main duties of the job
To provide a Human Resources Manager role to one of four Divisions, initiating HR solutions as required.
To actively participate in the development and implementation of the Trust's Human Resources and Organisational Development Strategies and provide HR advice and support to heads of department, service managers and divisional general managers to support delivery of the Trust's strategic and operational agendas.
To support the delivery of a high quality, safe and compassionate healthcare service, all staff are expected to act as a role model to others in all aspects of their work and consistently demonstrate NNUH's 'PRIDE' values of People focused, Respect, Integrity, Dedication and Excellence.About us
Join us at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital and be part of a workforce of over 10,000 staff!
The NNUH is one of the largest NHS trusts in the UK, providing first-class acute care for around one million people, living in Norfolk and surrounding areas. We are a teaching and research hospital, at the forefront of innovation, home to state-of-the-art facilities, such as the Quadram Institute. We are pleased to work closely with the University of East Anglia, providing teaching opportunities for our staff and placement opportunities for their students. We attract some of the best and leading professionals from across the country and are proud that our workforce represents 94 countries from across the world.
We are a friendly, collaborative hospital, working with local services and home to N& N Hospitals Charity
We can offer you the full range of NHS benefits/discounts and in addition:
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Flexible working hours
- Fast Track Staff Physiotherapy Service
- Multi Faith prayer room
- Discounted gym memberships
- Excellent pension scheme and annual leave entitlement
- Wagestream - access up to 40% of your pay as you earn it
- Free Park & Ride service direct to NNUH site
- Free 24-hours confidential counselling support
- On-site Nursery
- On-site cafes offering staff discounts
- Support in career development
- Flexible staff bank
- Salary Sacrifice schemes including lease cars, Cycle to Work scheme and home electronics
Please refer to the Job Description for the full specification of responsibilities and requirements for this post.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Working closely with to support the HR Business Partner (HRBP) and Divisional Managers in the implementation of the Trusts HR Strategy, which will include: -
- Performance management (e.g. management of sickness absence and poor performance)
- Interpretation of Human Resources Data
- Promotion of multi-disciplinary team working
- Change management to assist new ways of working
- Staff involvement and employee relations
- Training and development
- Embedding a culture of management in line with our PRIDE values and know your staff.
- To take a lead role and represent the Trust as required to ensure local delivery in relation to national, regional and local planning requirements/ systems and associated performance monitoring arrangements, including:
- NHS Plan and national HR Strategy
- Trust Local Delivery Plan
- NHS Service planning priorities and guidelines
- Regional working groups (as appropriate)
- Support Divisions with achieving and tracking of workforce KPI (Key Performance Indicators) as required by the internal Business Planning process.
- To provide the Division with HR support in complying with the Trusts governance arrangements, which include: -
- Clinical Governance
- Risk management and controls assurance
- Information and Data Protection Policies
- To be involved in and lead project and working groups as needed engaging with Trade Union colleagues, for example TUPE (Transfer of Undertakings (Protection of Employment)) and other change programmes
- To work closely with the Central HR team to ensure appropriate HR support for the division
- CIPD Level 7 or equivalent experience
- Evidence of further relevant study, i.e. Masters level qualification or equivalent experience
- Significant experience working as an HR specialist in a larger complex organisation
- Demonstrable knowledge of good practice developments in Human Resources Management applying this with organisation values
- Demonstrable knowledge of current employment law and its application
- Interpersonal and communication skills
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Effective role model, demonstrating NNUH's PRIDE values of People focussed, Respect, Integrity, Dedication and Excellence
- Demonstrates understanding and commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
Norfolk and Norwich University HospitalAddress
Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.