An exciting opportunity to join the Pharmacy Team at Kings College Hospital. An interesting and varied role has arisen for an experienced, driven and strategic pharmacy technician.As one of the busiest hospitals in London the post holder would work as part of a diverse fast paced team and environment ensuring appropriate and efficient processes and pathways are in place with regards purchasing medicines for our outsourced pharmacy.The post holder would provide professional leadership on matters linked to medicine contracting and procurement for the Outpatient Pharmacy which serves a large local demographic as well as specialist outpatients from across the UK.Main duties of the job
To find out more about the key roles and responsibilities, specific skills and expertise please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification attachments under the supporting documents heading.About us
King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust is one of the UK's largest and busiest teaching Trusts with a turnover of c�1 billion, 1.5 million patient contacts a year and more than 15,000 staff based across South East London. The Trust provides a full range of local and specialist services across its five sites. The trust-wide strategy of Strong Roots, Global Reach is our Vision to be BOLD, Brilliant people, Outstanding care, Leaders in Research, Innovation and Education, Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at the heart of everything we do. By being person-centred, digitally-enabled, and focused on sustainability, we aim to take Team King's to another level.
We are at a pivotal point in our history and we require individuals who are ready to join a highly professional team and make a real, lasting difference to our patients and our people.
King's is committed to delivering Sustainable Healthcare for All via our Green Plan. In line with national Greener NHS ambitions, we have set net zero carbon targets of 2040 for our NHS Carbon Footprint and 2045 for our NHS Carbon Footprint Plus. Everyone's contribution is required in order to meet the goals set out in our Green Plan and we encourage all staff to work responsibly, minimising their contributions to the Trust's carbon emissions, waste and pollution wherever possible. Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The Principal Technician for Contracting and Procurement will be primarily responsible for
Person SpecificationInterview and questionsEssential
- To be the key liaison between the main pharmacy department and the outsourced outpatients service.
- To assist the Associate Chief Technician in the cost effective purchasing and supply of pharmaceuticals including the management of shortages.
- To provide accurate information and reports from the Pharmacy Computer System, including reconciliation with Finance Systems.
- To be responsible for the operational set up, maintenance, and administration of computer systems used within Pharmacy, including Ascribe, those for tracking drug charts and interfacing with automated systems.
- To assist with the development and implementation of pharmacy objectives & the service development plan relating to IT, Purchasing & Distribution.
- NVQ Level 3 plus
- 1 year of experience post registration
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Knowledge of relational database systems, such as MS SQL Server or MS Access
- Experience of managing staff
King's College Hospital NHS Foundation TrustAddress
King's College Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.