This is an exciting and unique opportunity to join the CAMHS Tier 3 service in Merton at Birches House, Mitcham, Southwest London as a Consultant Psychiatrist.
The Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS) Directorate of Southwest London and St George's Mental Health NHS Trust is a well-established provider of mental health services to the population of Southwest London. We offer highly specialist CAMHS services, combining expertise in CYP moderate to severe mental health services, we are embedding I-Thrive across our Boroughs.
The post is within an established, welcoming, multidisciplinary team providing a community service and all have close links with the local authority and schools across each borough.
We are looking for a consultant with the interest and skills in providing strong medical leadership to take our services forward.The role is being offered on a permanent basis, alongside a tailored management leadership programme for those individuals who would be interested in pursuing this.
Additionally, we offer a number of enhanced benefits, including a relocation package available- Up to �8,000 relocation package available *terms and conditions apply*Main duties of the job
The post-holder will be a Consultant Psychiatrist providing medical leadership to the CAMHS Tier 3 service in Merton at the Birches Close, Mitcham and will provide medical consultant psychiatric advice to patients.
The Consultant will work in the Merton CAMHS Team which provides Multidisciplinary assessment, care co-ordination and treatment for young people identified as having a moderate mental health problem. While primarily responsible for delivering a quality clinical service, the consultant psychiatrist is also expected to be actively involved in the strategic development of the team and broader services, being involved with the team manager and locality manager in helping to steer the development of the service in line with the strategic direction of the organisation.
The Consultant will carry overall responsibility for the day-to-day clinical care, risk assessment, risk management, initiation of medication, and the recovery focused care delivered by the Team. Where problems arise, the Consultant will be afforded robust support by his clinical Team Manager, Associate Clinical Director, the Clinical Director and where necessary the Medical Director and Chief Executive.
The role is offered on a substantive basis with 10 PAs. Closing date: Sunday 10th December 2023 (midnight) Assessment date: Monday 15th January 2024 (via MS Teams) Interview and AAC panel date: Tuesday 16th January 2024 (via MS Teams)About us
We are Proud to Belong at South West London and St George's Mental Health NHS Trust.
We have expert services, a rich history and a clear commitment to providing the best quality care for those with mental ill-health. The Care Quality Commission already rates our services as 'good' - we aspire to be 'outstanding'.
This is a great time to join us. We are transforming the way we care for our communities to support our mission of Making Life Better Together. We have built two brand new mental health facilities at Springfield University Hospital, which are amongst the best in the world. More developments are planned across our sites and services.
We are inclusive and diverse and strive to be actively anti racist. We want to attract people from all backgrounds and experiences to enrich the work we do together. We are proud to co-produce and involve our local communities in all that we do.
We offer flexible working, career development and a variety ofbenefits to enable a positive, welcoming environment in which our people and their careers can thrive.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Medical leadership within the team.
- Availability within normal working hours, for urgent assessments including mental health act assessments.
- Assessments in Tier 3 usually one- two a week but depends on active case load
- Treatment with medication, mental state monitoring
- ADHD Shared care case load 80-100
- Case load non shared care 140
- CPA reviews with care coordinators / reviews with team members as agreed with the team manager
- Assessments at the local District General Hospitals for psychiatric emergencies
- Occasional psychiatric assessments outside the team base e.g., home visits
- Occasional GP liaison meetings
- Occasional meetings with colleagues in paediatrics and community paediatrics
- Liaison with the London Borough of Richmond childrens social care and education departments
- MB BS or equivalent medical qualification.
- Qualification or higher degree in medical education, clinical research or management.
- Additional clinical qualifications.
- Fully registered with the GMC with a licence to practise at the time of appointment.
- Included on the GMC Specialist Register OR within six months.
- Approved clinician status OR able to achieve within 3 months of appointment
- Approved under S12 OR able to achieve with 3 months of appointment
Employer detailsEmployer name
- In good standing with GMC with respect to warning and conditions on practice
South West London and St Georges Mental Health NHS TrustAddress
Merton CAMHS, Birches House
Birches Close, Cricket Green
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.