This is an exciting and unique opportunity to be at the forefront of the delivery of our Acute Therapy teams. You will be joining a service which is well-led by the Advanced Clinical Practitioners and a supportive team that prides itself in clinical leadership, education, and research.
The role will be to work within the Integrated Discharge Therapy teams at the Conquest Hospital in providing innovative therapy assessment and management of patients with frailty.
This role is essential in supporting patients throughout their transition from the acute hospital into the community and you will be working alongside an engaged and driven team.
Our current staff describe the role as:
'I thoroughly enjoy this role as it allows me to make a difference, help patients be as independent as possible, help ensure safe discharges as well as working for the best therapy team!'
' The Integrated Discharge Therapy Team has undergone recent increase in the number of staff and improvements have been made with the skill mix. This has resulted in an exciting opportunity to deliver services innovatively which has ultimately improved the patient experience '.
Applications are invited from Health and Care Professions Council Registered Physiotherapists to join our team within East Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust.Main duties of the job
To work as part of an inter-professional team with supervision from a senior physiotherapist.
Independently managing a caseload of patients who require comprehensive assessment and rehabilitation within the acute sites and community settings.
To educate other professionals, other disciplines, therapy assistants and students within the inter-professional team on physiotherapy.
To support service improvement and delivery within the team.
Participate in health promotion and education of staff, clients and families.
The post holder will undertake regular continual professional development activities. About usWe are proud to provide 'Outstanding' care and be a great place to work
We provide safe, compassionate and high quality care to half a million people living or visiting East Sussex. We are one of the largest organisations in East Sussex, the only integrated provider of acute and community care in Sussex. Our extensive services are provided by 7000 + members of staff working from acute hospitals in Hastings and Eastbourne, three community hospitals in Bexhill, Rye and Uckfield, over 100 community sites and in people's own homes.
In 2020 the Care Quality Commission, rated us as 'Good' overall, and 'Outstanding' for being caring and effective. The Conquest Hospital and our Community Services are rated 'Outstanding'. Eastbourne DGH rated 'Good'.
In 2020, the Trust launched its ambitious 'Building for our Future' programme. This once in a lifetime programme aims to repair, redevelop and expand our hospitals, transforming the environment in which we provide care for generations to come.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see the Job Description and Person Specification attached.
If you have any questions about this position please do not hesitate to contact us to discuss further or arrange a visitPerson SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- A BSc in Physiotherapy/post grad MSc Physiotherapy
- Health Professions Council Registered
- Post-graduate qualification in a relevant field or proven equivalent experience / training
- Member of Chartered Society of Physiotherapy
- Practice Placement Education Certificate.
- Broad range of clinical experience as a physiotherapist that could include acute, intermediate care and community.
- Experience of working as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Competent to take part in on call and/or weekend physiotherapy rotas
- Experience as a band 6 physiotherapist
Knowledge and skillsEssential
- Experience supporting/supervising students
- Experience of supervising other staff/ assistants
- Evidence of CPD in previous year.
- Awareness of clinical governance and understanding of the NHS and challenges facing service delivery
- Advanced clinical assessment skills with the ability to verbalise the clinical reasoning process in the management of patients within admission avoidance/discharge planning.
- Able to work flexibly within an inter-professional framework.
- Evidence of initiative and ability to use own initiative within boundaries of role.
- Ability to organise, prioritise and delegate workload.
- Ability to implement and respond to change.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Knowledge of patient centred practice.
- Specialist admission avoidance/discharge planning knowledge and interest.
East Sussex Healthcare NHS TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.