Are you an experienced registered nurse with an interest in Diabetes, looking for a challenge and with the aspiration to develop new skills and knowledge? Driven by the desire to improve patient care and service delivery standards?
We are looking to recruit an experienced registered nurse into this role, The successful applicant will be joining an established multidisciplinary community team in the Ryedale locality. The role will support service development and patient care within the Diabetes service.Main duties of the job
The main duties of the role include:
- To support the delivery of a Community Diabetes Service that embraces the recommendations of the National Service Framework for Diabetes
- To hold a caseload for the management of patients with complex diabetes presentations who require specialist assessment and treatment. We provide care and support for secondary care, and primary diabetes community service, includes joint working with the diabetes dietitians and diabetes consultants
- Delivering structured education programmes to patients, and clinical support to health and social care.
We are an award winning and CQC rated good health and social care Trust delivering integrated services across Hull, East and North Yorkshire. Find out more on our website
We are a forward thinking and dynamic Trust with a real commitment to staff development. We value our colleagues and invest in them to ensure they have the right skills to deliver outstanding care.
We are proud to score above or equal to the average for all NHS People Promise theme areas demonstrating our commitment to improve the experience of working in the NHS for everyone. Wherever you work we know you will receive a warm welcome and all the support you'll need to get you started.
We recognise the positive value of diversity and promotes equality whilst challenging discrimination. We welcome and encourage job applications from people of all backgrounds.
Work life balance is about having influence and flexibility over when, where and how you work. If the work pattern for this role does not meet your needs, we welcome an application and are happy to discuss working arrangements that differ from those advertised.
We offer a unique range of benefits that go above and beyond other NHS Trusts including an enhanced leave package and health and wellbeing support.
From city to countryside, market towns to moors you'll find a place to call home including some of the most affordable places to live in the UK.
Find out more and search live jobs.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For further information with regard to this vacancy, please see the attached Job Description and Person Specification.Person SpecificationQualifications and KnowledgeEssential
- Registered Adult Nurse on NMC live register.
- Post registration/graduate diploma or equivalent experience in related work area, to demonstrate advanced level of practice.
- Evidence of ongoing CPD
- Presentation and teaching skills
- Experience of Clinical governance & risk management
Skills and CompetenciesEssential
- Minimum of 2 years' experience at Band 5
- Solid base of experience in diabetes care
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to work independently and within a multidisciplinary team
- Commitment to patient focused care
Humber Teaching NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.