- Passionate about top class patient care with a belief that every day matters.
- Looking for new learning opportunities to expand your competencies & skills
- Ready for a new challenge
- Driven to change the narrative of OT/PT within the Trust and our wider communities to promote and develop a strong workforce now for future generations
- Committed to making the NHS having a brighter future
- Looking to return back to practice
Do you want...
- To learn in a fast-paced hospital setting
- Work with a diverse team with wide knowledge and experience
- Develop your knowledge and skill with support from peers, specialists, clinical educators, experienced Occupational Therapy leaders.
- Develop strong leadership skills to assist with service and people development
- A workplace that has energy and a drive to proactively respond and think outside the box for the best service now and into the future
We can offer...
Main duties of the job
- Excellent learning opportunities with a high level of support and supervision and appraisal from senior colleagues
- Peer support from a large group of colleagues on the rotation
- A multi-professional preceptorship programme.
To provide excellent, high-quality person centred clinical care that advocates for patients, strive to provide a service fit for today and the future, develop personal leadership to support clinical growth.
Our teams across all sites have a friendly, supportive atmosphere and a real team ethic. We know how to look after our staff - making sure they achieve the ideal work-life balance. As a Trust we offer a multi-professional preceptorship programme. In addition, we offer excellent training opportunities supported by an APH practice development lead and clinical flow lead.About us
Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust provides NHS hospital services for around 900,000 people across Berkshire, Hampshire, Surrey and south Buckinghamshire.
As well as delivering excellent general hospital services to local people, we provide specialist heart attack, vascular, stroke, spinal, cystic fibrosis and plastic surgery services across a much wider area.
We provide a service to Frimley Park, Wexham Park, Farnham and Heatherwood Hospitals, as well as our local community team. This offers great development opportunities in a fast-paced settings which provide seven-day services to our patients.
Our three core values, and the behaviours that support them, guide everything we do and set out what we expect of our staff in the way they treat patients, visitors, service users and each other, Committed to Excellence, Working Together and Facing the Future.
We are also proud to host the Defence Medical Group South East at Frimley Park with military surgical, medical and nursing personnel working alongside the hospital's NHS staff providing care to patients in all specialties
In the Therapies Directorate we have a strong Equality Diversity & Inclusion (EDI) culture and welcome applicants who will continue to contribute to the power of diversity we want in our teams to help us deliver our best services to our populationJob descriptionJob responsibilities
If you are inspired to know more about this opportunity and our team, please see the job description attached, which outlines the main duties of this post.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- HCPC registration
- Degree or Diploma in Occupational Therapy or Physiotherapy
- Fieldwork Educators Course
- Member of relevant special interest group
- Knowledge of upper limb anatomy
- Experience in carrying out upper limb assessments, treatment planning and goal setting
- Knowledge of risk assessment
- 18 months to 2 years post registration experience as an OT/PT some of which must be in Hand therapy
- Worked in some of the following areas:- Hands and Plastics and Acute Medicine, Orthopaedics
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience in Hand Therapy and in splinting
- Experience of research and audit
- Basic knowledge of physiology and wound healing
Frimley Health NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Wexham Park Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.