A rare opportunity to join the Distribution and Purchasing Team at Kings College Hospital. An exciting role has arisen for an experienced, driven and strategic pharmacy technician or pharmacist.
As one of the busiest hospitals in London the post holder would manage a diverse fast paced team and environment ensuring the provision of pharmacy distribution services to all Trust sites.
The post holder would provide professional leadership on all matters linked to pharmacy distribution and purchasing and identify areas for growth and development across the service.Main duties of the job
To find out more about the key roles and responsibilities, specific skills and expertise please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification attachments under the supporting documents heading.About us
King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust is one of the UK's largest and busiest teaching Trusts with a turnover of c�1 billion, 1.5 million patient contacts a year and more than 15,000 staff based across South East London. The Trust provides a full range of local and specialist services across its five sites. The trust-wide strategy of Strong Roots, Global Reach is our Vision to be BOLD, Brilliant people, Outstanding care, Leaders in Research, Innovation and Education, Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at the heart of everything we do. By being person-centred, digitally-enabled, and focused on sustainability, we aim to take Team King's to another level.
We are at a pivotal point in our history and we require individuals who are ready to join a highly professional team and make a real, lasting difference to our patients and our people.
King's is committed to delivering Sustainable Healthcare for All via our Green Plan. In line with national Greener NHS ambitions, we have set net zero carbon targets of 2040 for our NHS Carbon Footprint and 2045 for our NHS Carbon Footprint Plus. Everyone's contribution is required in order to meet the goals set out in our Green Plan and we encourage all staff to work responsibly, minimising their contributions to the Trust's carbon emissions, waste and pollution wherever possible. Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The Associate Chief Pharmacist/Chief Technician - Distribution & Purchasing will be responsible for:
Person SpecificationEssential and Desirable criteriaEssential
- The purchase of all pharmaceuticals used in all Trust sites (approx. �150M p.a.) and their effective storage and stockholding.
- The provision of Pharmacy distribution services to all Trust sites.
- The provision of professional leadership and advice on all matters of Pharmacy Distribution & Purchasing services and their development across all sites
- The preparation of strategic plans for Pharmacy Distribution & Purchasing service to ensure the development of progressive services.
- To manage the governance and specifics around the Wholesale Dealers License held by KCH Pharmacy Dept.
- MPharm (Masters degree) or NVQ Level 3 plus accredited underpinning knowledge (BTEC in Pharmaceutical Science or equivalent) or equivalent.
- Minimum SIX years post registration experience in hospital pharmacy or equivalent relevant area of practice and Minimum THREE years experience in Pharmacy Distribution & Purchasing related area.
- Professional registration with the GPhC
- Post graduate diploma in Purchasing or management or a related area or a portfolio demonstrating equivalent through experience at senior management level and relevant short courses taught at postgraduate level.
- Knowledge of all regulations and legislation relevant to pharmaceutical purchasing including wholesale dealing. ?Knowledge of all regulations and legislation relevant to pharmacy distribution services.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Able to participate in out-of-hours service
King's College Hospital NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Kings College Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.