We are recruiting for a Emergency Nurse Practitionerwho shares our vision to be trusted to provide consistently outstanding care and exemplary service to our patients
This is an exciting opportunity to join the The NEW QEII Hospital Urgent Treatment Centre, working along side the Lister Emergency department.
The New QEII Urgent Treatment Centre are proud of the services we are delivering to our patients. The need of our service has never been more important than it is now and our ability to provide high-quality, compassionate care is at the heart of what we do. Currently we are seeing up to 150 patients a day, this very busy unit is run by dedicated specialists, providing an excellent standard of patient care.
You will be a fundamental part of the Urgent Treatment Centre team and will work closely with the Matron for Acute Services, to ensure that patient satisfaction is key.
Our Values are I
espect and I
mprove. It is important that you understand and refer to our values during your recruitment process and beyond!Main duties of the job
As a post holder, you will:
- provide professional leadership and a management approach that contributes to creating and developing strong working relationships to achieve common goals.
- need to demonstrate a strong understanding of minor injuries and illness, be able to interpret x-ray and identify safeguarding concerns in both adult and children.
- excellent interpersonal and communication skills be able to demonstrate an enquiring mind in order to work effectively and respond appropriately to challenging situations.
At East and North Hertfordshire NHS Trust, we are proud of the range of general & specialist services we provide & our 6,000 or so dedicated staff ensure our patients get the best care. Our ability to be flexible & innovative in the way in which we work and deliver our services to our catchment has never been more important than it is now.
We run the following hospitals:
- The Lister Hospital, Stevenage
- New Queen Elizabeth II (New QEII), Welwyn Garden City
- Hertford County, Hertford
- Mount Vernon Cancer Centre (MVCC), Northwood
We have ambitious plans to become an outstanding, patient-led Trust where dedicated staff provide high-quality, compassionate care to our patients. We continue to undergo significant transformation our staff & patients are at the heart of delivering this ambitious agenda.
We understand that finding and starting a new job is an important life decision. If you need reasonable adjustments for a disability, or a life event, such as menopause - so that we can consider your application fairly & to get the best out of you during the selection process, please let us know.
We are committed to a positive work life balance for our employees. Employees are entitled to seek to work flexible working patterns & we are committed to listen and consider all requests. Such requests, of course, have to be made & considered formally, & will need to be balanced against service needs, but our starting point will always be to find ways to support making them happen.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see the attached Job Description and Person Specification applicant pack for further detailed information regarding this role.Person SpecificationQualifications/TrainingEssential
- Registered nurse on the NMC registers with 4 years' experience.
- Recognised post registration course relevant to Minor injury/illness.
- Evidence of continued professional development in relevant areas of speciality.
- Working towards a degree at higher level Leadership qualification.
- Non-Medical prescriber or willingness to undertake the course.
- Clinical and managerial experience within the field of Medical nursing at Senior Staff Nurse level
- Current working knowledge and skills within Experience of caring for patients with medical complaints
- Current experience working in medicine or equivalent acute area with proven management experience
- Experience in change management
- Experience of nursing within an acute clinical setting
- Experience in managing a ward/department including management of staff, rota, staff competencies and resources
- Effective leadership ability
- Ability to deliver multidisciplinary education at department level and to assess
- An effective communicator with attention to detail.
- Leadership to drive quality of care within the multidisciplinary team.
- Organisational skills.
- Evidence of team management skills
- Ability to prioritise own workload and that of others.
- Computer literate
- Ability to perform peripheral cannulation and venepuncture.
- Understanding of research and audit and a willingness to participate in these within the department.
- Ability to develop and co-ordinate departmental training programmes.
- Motivated, reliable and flexible individual with an ability to work autonomously.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to work with all staff on a multi professional level, demonstrating up to date knowledge of practice development within acute medicine
- Knowledge of computing skills
- Evidence of professional development and a proven commitment to acute medicine
- Broad knowledge acute medicine and the management of medical conditions.
- Good understanding of good quality patient care and patient safety.
- Good understanding of safeguarding.
East and North Herts NHS TrustAddress
Welwyn garden City
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.