We are seeking an experienced nurse to apply for the Senior Sister/Charge Nurse position in the Endoscopy Unit at Salisbury District Hospital. You should have appropriate years' experience at Band 6 in either Endoscopy or as a Band 7 in another acute clinical setting.
This post requires the candidates to have extensive Endoscopy experience including ERCP's with substantial years at Band 6 level. They must hold either the ENB 906 or Endoscopy and related procedure course, hold a teaching and accessing qualification or mentorship.
We provide a full range of diagnostic and therapeutic procedures for 9,000 patients per year. The service is usually provided Monday to Friday although some work on Saturdays may be required as part of your normal working week. This will be a great opportunity for an enthusiastic, highly skilled and experienced sister/charge nurse who wishes to be part of this growing specialty.Main duties of the job
You will need to be an organised, enthusiastic individual with excellent communication and inspirational leadership skills, alongside having the passion and ability to deliver high quality care to a diverse population. You will act as a role model for the nursing team, promoting a positive attitude and motivating staff members to deliver compassionate care whilst developing themselves professionally. Support the Unit team in maintaining effective communication both written and verbal with all disciplines, patients and relatives.
You will join an established senior nursing team who will support you to develop professionally. Effective service management and leadership will improve patient experience. This role requires you to utilise your expertise and critical thinking skills to ensure performance and standards are monitored and continuously maintained.About us
Salisbury NHS Foundation Trust (SFT) is an innovative hospital with a proud heritage and over 250 years of experience behind us. Here we're driven to deliver an outstanding experience for everyone and have been well regarded for the quality of care and treatment we continue to provide for our patients and also our staff.
We are an acute Trust, rated Good by the CQC, with a track record of high performance providing regional and super regional specialist services such as: Burns, Plastics & Reconstructive Surgery, Wessex Regional Genetics Laboratory, Wessex Rehabilitation, Spires Cleft Centre and the Duke of Cornwall Spinal Treatment Centre. We have about 470 beds and employ over 4000 staff.
We support flexible working and will consider requests taking into account the needs of the service. We think working here is pretty rewarding. You can access a range of NHS discounts, receive a minimum of 35 days paid holiday (pro rata), and we offer a generous pension scheme. On-site benefits include car parking (fee applies), leisure centre, day nursery and holiday play scheme.
Salisbury is an attractive place to live and work and really gives you the best of everything. With easy access to London and local airports, the city of Southampton is only a short train or car journey away or if you prefer the sea, Bournemouth is also accessible. Don't just take our word for it, why not explore what Salisbury has to offer by visiting www.experiencesalisbury.co.ukJob descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see attached Job description and person specification for full details of roles and responsibilities.Person SpecificationessentialEssential
- Registered Nurse Evidence of education to post graduate diploma level BSc in Nursing or health related subject or working towards Teaching and mentoring training preferred
- Appropriate clinical qualification/ experience in endoscopy nursing Leadership Training/education
- Psychological assessment skills training or willingness to undertake.
- Evidence of progressing and sustaining changes in clinical practice
- Appropriate experience in endoscopy as a band 6 including experience in ERCP.
- To hold relevant post registration course
- To be able to work clinically within the endoscopy department, in admissions, procedure room, recovery and pre-assessment.
- To lead on proactive approach to collaborative working across the organisation, ensuring endoscopy practice is not isolated from the organisation
- To act as a clinical expert in the care of the endoscopy patient cohort
- Role modelling clinical leadership. Team player but able to work autonomously. Excellent communication skills (verbal, non-verbal and written) with sensitive information. Teaching, supervision and appraisal skills. Skill in organising resources and establishing priorities.
- Ability to develop, plan, and implement short- and long-term goals. Ability to develop and maintain record keeping systems and procedures. Ability to make clinical decisions and judgements. Negotiation, facilitation, presentation and influencing skills.
- Assimilation of complex data from audit and research to ensure practice is up to date. Ability to work as an independent practitioner making autonomous decisions.
- Keyboard and IT skills including ability to use a database. Self-management and motivation of others. Facilitating learning. Ability to role model compassionate caring and challenge any breaches in the standards you set.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Previous band 7 experience in endoscopy
- Evidence of education at master's level
- Advanced communications skills training or willingness to undertake.
Salisbury NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Salisbury District Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.