Exciting opportunity to work in a fast paced environment, where every day will be different, enthusiasm and positivity is essential.
Leicester General Hospital and Glenfield Hospital, to work across both sites working closely with the domestic Managers on both sites.
Responsibility for the operational management of a comprehensive professional and responsive Domestic Service. Demonstration of clear leadership of the services delivered and the team ensuring an efficient and effective high quality service.Main duties of the job
- To contribute to the achievement of good corporate governance on all aspects relating to Facilities Services ensuring compliance with Trust policies and procedures such as Standing Financial Instructions and Standing Orders.
- To be a contributor in the process of ensuring compliance with all Trust Statutory and Non Statutory responsibilities relating to Facilities Services i.e. Food Hygiene Regulations, COSHH, Health & Safety.
- Provide leadership for next in line staff, setting their service and operational objectives and ensure a supportive environment in order that these can be delivered.
- To provide advice and information on operational areas of Estates and Facilities to ensure that the service provision meets local needs.
- Provide sound management of budgets, seeking to maximise the benefits to be realised from the use of pay and non-pay budgets.
- Participate and contribute to the development of staff within the service to ensure an appropriately skilled workforce able to deliver an efficient, effective service.
- To ensure regular reporting on quality, effectiveness and cost of the service to Deputy Facilities/ Snr Hotel Services Manager.
- To undertake any other reasonable duties requested.
- Communicate and disseminate information and liaise effectively with work colleagues, managers and with clinical team's accordance with Trust values.
- Attend and contribute to regular meetings as required developing good working relationships.
Our new strategy, developed with the support and feedback of colleagues, patients, and partners, is our compass for the next seven years (2023-2030).
We have four primary goals:
- high-quality care for all,
- being a great place to work,
- partnerships for impact, and
- research and education excellence
And we will embed health equality in all we do - taking active steps to reduce the avoidable differences in healthcare that some people face, working in partnership with communities.
Our strategy is underpinned by new values and we will work to ensure they are an everyday reality for all:
- we are compassionate,
- we are proud,
- we are inclusive, and
- we are one team
This is an exciting moment as we look to the future with clarity on what we already do well and where we need to focus our energies to make an even bigger difference for the people we serve.
About the University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust:
http://www.leicestershospitals.nhs.uk/aboutus/work-for-us/current-vacancies/Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesKEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
Work Colleagues throughout the trust
Domestic /Managers/Team members
Logistics Team members
Head of Services
Ward and Department Clinical teams
Patients and General PublicPerson SpecificationTrsut ValuesEssential
- can demonstrate the trust values in full and show how they follow these values
- experience in leading a large team within NHS
- experience in leading a team
- has worked within a Hospital setting
- has knowledge of health care
- explains shift/hours they can work
- understands the need for flexibility within working hours
- has a good level of education well written application form
- Has knowledge of guidelines and procedures within NHS and E& F
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Has knowledge of guidelines and procedures
University Hospitals of Leicester NHS TrustAddress
Leicester General hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.