Do you have a drive and passion for Acute and Emergency Medicine? Do you want to be part of an innovative and highly motivated senior nurse team making positive changes happen daily?
We are seeking a confident and pioneering Matron to join our committed team at York Hospital to contribute to and help drive clinical care improvements for our patients.
As Matron you will work within the Medicine Care Group, taking responsibility for setting the standards and quality in the development, implementation and evaluation of patient care. Supported by the Associate Chief Nurse, Head of Nursing and additional Matrons you will form part of an inspirational and motivational nursing team.
You will work closely with the operations team across the Care Group to support our patients to benefit from a strong and vibrant multi-disciplinary team approach where patients come first in all we do, covering a rota including weekend work.
You will have a passion for developing staff and creating a learning environment across your wards and department and demonstrate exceptional situational leadership enabling and empowering your teams. Your excellent communication and leadership skills will enable your team to embrace improvement as a continuum in order to enhance the patient experience in all they do.Main duties of the job
You will be a registered nurse with 2 years in a leadership role, ideally within the acute hospital setting but this is not essential. You will create confidence in your staff and be comfortable working independently and also within your teams.
The role will enable you to develop extensive skills in leadership, people management and finance within the clinical environment, whilst receiving excellent support for both your personal and professional development.
This role would be pivotal in developing new ways of working and ensuring quality patient care within the Care Group. This is an exciting opportunity to be at the front line of new ways of working and ensuring the services at York Hospital offer the right care at the right time and in the right place.
You will embody our values, have a passion for patient care and have excellent communication skills. A proven track record of innovation and success in a senior role is essential, including high levels of engagement with staff, patients and external partners.
You will be accountable for the professional development of nursing staff. You will provide professional leadership that will enable, influence, negotiate and engage effectively with internal and external stakeholders to improve patient care and nurse leadership.
As a Matron, you will work with the Chief Nurse to ensure that professional standards are maintained across the Trust in line with local and national guidance.About us
We offer a range of benefits to support our staff including:
- Access to the NHS Pension Scheme, providing generous benefits upon retirement, as well as a lump sum and pension for dependants
- 27 days holiday rising to 33 days (depending on NHS Trust service)
- A variety of different types of paid and unpaid leave covering emergency and planned leave
- Confidential advice and support on personal, work, family and relationship issues, 24/7, from our Employee Assistance Programme
- NHS Car Lease scheme and Cycle to Work scheme
- An extensive range of learning and development opportunities
- Discounts on restaurants, getaways, shopping, motoring, cinema and finance from a range of providers
For further information on the fantastic range of benefits we offer please visit the Trust's dedicated Staff Benefits pages.Job descriptionJob responsibilities A full description of the role is available in the attachment: job description. Working for the Trust
Across our organisation, people are guided by values that were co-developed with staff: we are kind we are open and we pursue excellence.
Our values play into our ambition to develop a more diverse workforce, truly representative of our communities. We welcome applications from everyone, while working with our Staff Networks - including our Race Equality, LGBTQ+, Disability and Carers Networks - to increase the number of applications we receive from different backgrounds. If there is anything we can do to make our application process more accessible to you, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of seeking to become more inclusive, we will consider requests for flexible working from the start of your employment. It may not be suitable for every role, but we will try and be supportive where we can. We would encourage you to speak to the recruiting manager named within this advert to discuss any requirements you may have. Armed Forces Friendly Employer
We are holders of the Gold Award from the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme, which is helping actively promote SaBRE - Supporting Britains Reservists and Employers. This means that we have made a statement of intent to support all Defence personnel, including with applications for employment. COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements
Our Trust continues to strongly encourage our staff to be vaccinated against COVID19, this remains our best defence to protect our patients, ourselves and everyone else.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Registered Nurse (Level 1) or Registered Midwife (as appropriate)
- Masters level qualification in health care leadership or in a relevant nursing speciality or equivalent qualifications or knowledge (see below).
- Evidence of Continuing Professional Development
- At least 2 years experience at senior level in nursing
- Additional Specialised Knowledge of healthcare leadership acquired through experience combined with demonstrable evidence of specialist work, short courses and extended self-study
- Experience of managing staff
- Budgetary skills
- Change Management
- Experience in relevant speciality
- Willing to undergo training in relation to post
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Influencing & negotiation skills
- Leadership skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to organise and prioritise own and others workload
York and Scarborough Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.