Technical Support Officer, Band 5 Permanent Full Time: 37.5 hours per week PREVIOUS APPLICANTS NEED NOT APPLY
Oxleas NHS Foundation Trust IT Department in the South West of England have an exciting opportunity for applicants seeking a full time position within the South West IT Support Team.
The role is for a Band 5 Technical Support Officer. In this role you will support the healthcare teams in our Prison sites across the South West.
The position will rotate between office, onsite and remote work, initially the IT office base will be from the Bristol hub site (BS32 4QW) in the short term but is due to move to a permanent base within the Taunton area within the next 3-6 months.Site visits are regularly required, due to the remote locations of our sites a clean driving license and access to a car is an absolute necessity.
As part of the South West ICT Support Team you will support 10 Prison sites across, Bristol, South Gloucestershire, Wiltshire, Devon and Dorset as well as other hybrid workers based in the area. Please note that the post holder will be required to go through the Prison Vetting Clearance Process. As you will be required to travel across all prison locations on a regular basis it is essential that you hold a full valid UK driving licence and a car which you are able to personally insure for business usage.Main duties of the jobOverview of the Post
- The post-holder forms part of the HMPS Healthcare IT team and is responsible for second and third-line software and hardware support, installation, configuration and fault finding of all supported PCs, printers, etc working as part of the IT support team.
- The post holder is responsible for the resolution of underlying IT Problems causing multiple IT incidents
- Responsible for providing IT input and support to Trust and local IT and Business projects within HMPPS environment
- Will be a named representative of the IT Department for specific service directorates and attend meetings and provide bi-directional feedback
- Responsible for the development of resolution documentation for use by other teams to resolve IT incidents
- The post-holder is responsible for providing support to all staff, nominated users and authorised service users.
- The post covers all of the Trust's sites and will be required to provide support on site within offices, ward, prisons and other clinical areas as well as attending site planning meetings at building sites as required.
- The post-holder will be required participate in an on-call rota to provide out of hours support
Oxleas offers a wide range of NHS healthcare services to people in community and secure environment settings. Our services include community health care such as district nursing and speech and language therapy, care for people with learning disabilities and mental health care such as psychiatry, nursing and therapies. Our multidisciplinary teams look after people of all ages and we work in close partnership with other parts of the NHS, local councils and the voluntary sector and through our new provider collaboratives. Our 4,300 members of staff work in many different settings including hospitals, clinics, prisons, secure hospitals, children's centres, schools and people's homes.
We have over 125 sites in a variety of locations in the South of England. In London we operate within the Boroughs of Bexley, Bromley Greenwich and into Kent. We manage hospital sites including Queen Mary's Hospital, Sidcup and Memorial Hospital, Woolwich, as well as the Bracton Centre, our medium secure unit for people with mental health needs. We are the largest NHS provider of prison health services providing healthcare to prisons within Devon, Dorset, Bristol, Wiltshire and Gloucestershire, Kent and South London. We are proud of the care we provide and our people.
Our purpose is to improve lives by providing the best possible care to our patients and their families. This is strengthened by our new values:
Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesKey Task and Responsibilities
- We're Kind
- We're Fair
- We Listen
- We Care
These are listed below this is not a definitive list but indicates the range of tasks involved.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION, PLEASE READ: All applicants must be willing to undertake National Security Vetting in order to work in a Prison Setting. This will be completed as part of the pre-employment checks through Oxleas and the prison vetting team. You will need to provide: Proof of right to work documentation Proof of ID, needs to include 1 photographicID Proof of address documentation Non-UK passport holders will need to have correct documentation (right to work in the UK) and a Home office Share code. Address History: 5 years address history will be needed. Applicants that are not UK Passport holders who provide less than 5 years UK address history will need to provide a Police Certificate which must be in English from where they resided previously. Applicants who are UK Passport holders who have lived abroad for a period of more than six months during the last three years will need to provide a certificate of good conduct or an overseas police check in English from the countries resided in or visited . Person SpecificationIT QualificationEssential CarEssential Desirable 2nd Line experienceEssential
- Be single point of contact for all HMP Healthcare IT related issues via Trusts Service Desk Platform
- Extending the use of remote management technologies to improve user response times.
- Developing and Optimising software deployment to deliver applications from a single management location to individual computers throughout the Trust
- Second and third line technical support for hardware and software for calls escalated via the ServiceDesk or directly:
- Understanding and interpreting the complex technical issues presented by users to best asses an appropriate response
- Explaining problems and solutions to users
- Analysis of presented user problems to identify the potential solutions
- Logging progress and information into the ServiceDesk system
- Liaising with system managers and other departments to arrange system maintenance
- Using initiative to solve problems with reference to broad operating procedures
- Resolving complex and sometimes sensitive issues that cannot be dealt with by the Service desk
- Performing further diagnostic tests to identify sources of reported faults
- When faults lie externally, liaising in a clear and concise manner with the external support provider to achieve resolution
- Provide pro-active support based on alerting systems and event consequences to actively prevent problems
- Providing limited basic training to end users
- In-depth knowledge of all supported computer and peripheral hardware in use within the Trust required to:
- Diagnose and repair hardware and software faults
- Develop resolution processes for new and novel problems to form a knowledge base for other teams
- Manufacture and test cables to ISO standards
- Follow safe anti-static working practices
- Working with users to define and diagnose hardware and software problems, both face-to-face and over the telephone, and seeking further advice where necessary.
- Provision of new devices, eg Laptops, iPad devices etc
- Remote diagnosis of network problems:
- Use of various network administration tools to diagnose and solve problems including unlocking network accounts and also resetting users passwords.
- Diagnosing and analysing connectivity problems (eg to identify line faults, VPN connections etc)
- Assisting in relocation of equipment as required including disposal of redundant equipment according to WEEE regulations
- Delivery, configuration and upgrading IT equipment including networking equipment:
- Configuration of equipment with relevant Operating System (Windows 10 and 11)
- Loading and setting up of application software as required, ensuring equipment is security marked and that Asset and Serial numbers are recorded with the Helpdesk
- Setting up of Switches and routers (Cisco) for network connection to sites as required
- Equipment maintenance and repair including replacement of worn and failed parts
- Installing equipment in to specialist communications racks
- Testing all equipment prior to delivery to the end user
- Testing of new equipment and technologies to identify value to the Trust
- Supporting the Trusts IT Mobile solution - iPads
- Liaising with HR and Training departments to supplement user knowledge of IT systems/software
- Provide IT input and representation into planning and implementing Business and IT projects both local and Trust wide
- Liaising with external contractors and agencies to secure repairs and provide support including working with the Network Support and Managed Service contractors.
- Diagnose problems with external systems.
- Assist in the maintenance of the Trusts security systems (EG Ironport, Bordermanager Firewall)
- Ensure the security of IT equipment and data held by the IT Department
- Back up user data held on PCs whilst in the custody of the department
- Ensure backup tapes for all in-house systems are stored securely
- Work with system managers of other Trust systems (Integra, Datix, HealthRoster, WinDip, etc) to diagnose connectivity and IT environment issues
- Commision and de-commision IT equipment
- Refine and develop working practices to provide better service across the Trust
- Maintaining department documentation as required:
- Producing in-house user guides and other documentation as necessary.
- Maintaining accurate IT inventory, including IT departmental stock
- Keeping up to date with current IT developments and technologies.
- Assisting in the investigation of out of the ordinary incidents i.e network problems.
- Training new members of staff and work experience placements.
- Providing iPad / iOS support for our mobile working community.
- Knowledge of providing support using an MDM solution.
- Knowledge of SQL Server
- To carry out any other duties commensurate with the grade in support of the IT Manager / Head of ICT.
- Experience of supporting IT environments
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Knowledge of supporting IT environments
Oxleas NHS Foundation TrustAddress
NHS South West House
Blackbrook Park Avenue
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.