An opportunity has arisen for an experienced and skilled Band 6 Specialist CAMHS Nurse to work within our community complex care service in the Cwm Taf Locality.
To work within a multi-agency team and provide therapeutic packages of care to children and young people who are complex and often care experienced.
The post holder will carry out comprehensive assessments in a range of settings including bespoke placements. This will include assessments of self-harm and risk. The post-holder will be responsible for a caseload.
The post holder will work closely with care staff and the young person to support and manage challenging behaviors' related to the emotional or mental health need of the child.
The post holder will provide consultation to other agencies including YOS and Local Authority. There will also be a need to provide teaching and training to others.Main duties of the job
- To carry out initial comprehensive specialist health assessment of children and their families using the appropriate assessment tools proformas.
- Be able to formulate a comprehensive health care plan and have an understanding of the increased vulnerability of patients who are care experienced and have complex needs.
- To be responsible for planning and developing a programme of care, acting as care co-ordinator within the Mental Health (Wales) Measure 2010.
- This includes assessment, treatment and evaluation to meet the needs of individual clients and their carers in accordance with agree protocols of care and based on best available evidence.
- To liaise closely with other agencies and attend meetings such as core groups and case conferences where the post holder will be expected to provide and receive complex sensitive information and process this information accordingly.
- Work with complex young people who have difficulty in accessing mainstream services and are often difficult to engage.
This post will be based in Tonteg Hospital. The ability to speak Welsh is desirable for this post English and/or Welsh speakers are equally welcome to apply.About us
Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health Board is part of the NHS Wales family. Our Health Board provides primary, secondary and community health and wellbeing services to around 450,000 people living in three County Boroughs: Bridgend Merthyr Tydfil, and Rhondda Cynon Taf.
We live by our core values:
- We listen, learn and improve
- We treat everyone with respect
- We all work together as one team
We are a proud local employer around 80% of our 15000 workforce live within our region, making our staff not only our lifeblood of our organisation but of the diverse communities that we serve.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
You will be able to find a full Job description and Person Specification attached within the supporting documents or please click Apply now to view in Trac.Person SpecificationEducation/Qualifications/TrainingEssential
- RMN (Mental Health registered nurse) current NMC registration.
- Relevant degree. Evidence of CPD relevant to CAMHS. Relevant post registration qualifications e.g. family therapy, cognitive behaviour therapy, eating disorders, self harm, dialectical behaviour therapy, borderline personality disorder, experience in teaching.
- Appropriate post registration experience. Experience of working within CAMHS or a therapeutic post e.g. eating disorders, challenging behaviour. Experience of mental health assessment and implementation of a range of evidence based therapeutic interventions. Experience of working in partnership with other agencies. Ability to manage a caseload. Working knowledge of health, social services, education and the voluntary sector,together with the relevant legislation regarding children's mental health management skills.
- Experience of group teaching. Experience of audit.
- Excellent assessment skills. Ability to manage anxiety effectively and work with young people with challenging behaviour. Flexible and adaptable to working conditions. IT skills. Ability to work on own volition.
Circumstances e.g Mobility/Availability special attendance requirements.Essential
- Working knowledge of microsoft packages including word, publisher, excel etc... Welsh speaker.
- To have the ability to carry out the full range of duties of the post.
- Extensive knowledge in normal and abnormal child development, extensive knowledge in child and adolescent mental health issues.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Good communication and time management skills. Proactive and adaptable.
Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health BoardAddress
Child and Family Centre Tonteg
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.