Are you enthusiastic about education to support others in fulfilling their potential and excellence in patient care?
We are looking for a clinical skills facilitator to complement our existing team.
The post is fixed term for one year so would suit someone looking for an opportunity to spend time away from clinical/shift work and broaden their teaching experience part of a Monday to Friday timetable.
The post is based primarily in Basingstoke however our service is across Hampshire Hospitals sites so you will be required to work flexibly.Main duties of the job
The successful applicant will work with the support of the service lead to deliver and develop clinical skills education and the OSCE preparation course for international healthcare workers.
We have dedicated teaching facilities and are equipped to deliver training for a variety of different programmes including intravenous therapies and the management of the deteriorating patient.
The post holder will work pro-actively to enable our service to meet training objectives in line with clinical need collaborating with other education teams and Clinical Matrons to ensure high quality, evidence-based learning in line with HHFT CARE values.
The successful applicant will be a proactive role model, with clinical credibility and excellent communication skills. Applications are welcomed from across clinical backgrounds/professional groups and not limited to registered nurses.About us
Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (HHFT) provides hospital services to around 570,000 people living in Hampshire and parts of West Berkshire, and specialist services to patients from all over the country. We deliver a full range of district hospital services in a variety of locations.
We are a friendly and dynamic team with a clear vision for the future. It's a great time to join us with services expanding providing more opportunities to develop as an educator in a supportive environment. Join us and be part of it! The post is based primarily in Basingstoke, Hampshire but training is delivered across all of our sites so you may be required to work flexibly.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For further information about this role please see the Job Description document attached.
If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us.
The post holder will work flexibly to ensure that the service meets current Trust priorities in line with our Trust values. You will also work in close collaboration with the wider Education Teams and the Clinical Matrons to ensure that high quality, evidence-based learning is delivered to all professional groups. The post holder will be a proactive, visible role model with excellent clinical credibility and excellent communication skills.Person SpecificationTraining & QualificationsEssential
- Registered healthcare professional with current relevant professional registration.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Teaching qualification e.g. PTTLS, ENB 998 or equivalent
Experience & KnowledgeEssential
- Leadership and Management qualification
- Current experience of and specialist knowledge of relevant professional practice
- Working knowledge of the NHS acute sector and range of staff groups both clinical and non-clinical
- Planning and delivery of educational activities and staff development within an acute health care setting
- Evidence of continuing professional development
- Audit experience
Skills & AbilityEssential
- Mentorship/Supervision experience
- Coaching experience
- Experience of building internal and external networks
- Knowledge and experience of budget management
- Project management experience
- Service improvement and change management experience
- Research experience
- Operational management
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal and people management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate and analyse complex information
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to build effective relationships and work collaboratively with all staff groups
- Ability to build relationships with key external stakeholders
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Ability to prioritise and work to deadlines
- High standards of documentation and record keeping
- Enthusiasm and a passion for teaching and staff development
- Ability to innovate and motivate
- Ability to utilise a range of teaching resources and methods including technology enhanced learning, experiential learning and in-situ teaching as well as traditional classroom based teaching
- IT skills including the use of presentational software, projection/multi-media equipment and e-learning resources
Other Specific RequirementsEssential
- Leadership skills
- Ability to use social media to enhance the delivery of education and training
Employer detailsEmployer name
- oFlexible and able to adapt plans to meet service needs
- oAbility to work flexible hours across all sites
Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Millennium House, Basingstoke
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.