Working Full time : 37.5 hours a week
Are you ready for an exciting and challenging opportunity to help shape the future of healthcare delivery at the Countess of Chester Hospital NHS Foundation Trust?
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Project Manager to join the Countess of Chester Hospital team in this newly created role. You will work closely with the Operational and Transformation Manager, as well as wider Divisional teams and IM& T teams and play a key role in the implementation of the Patient Engagement Portal (PEP) for the Trust.
You will lead on the scoping of services and functionality for the PEP across COCH will work with various key stakeholders to successfully project manage the PEP implementation. You will also engage with service users in the design and delivery of these services.Main duties of the job
Please see Job Description and Job Specification for further information About us
- You should have current experience in project management and be able to demonstrate successful completion of projects. Experience of building effective cross functional working relationships to drive organisational change will be essential.
- You will need excellent communication skills with the capability to analyse, review and make sense of highly complex, sensitive or contentious information across a diverse range of subjects relevant to the delivery of a Patient Engagement Portal.
- The ability to identify risks, anticipate issues and create solutions and to resolve problems in relation to project or service delivery will be key.
The Countess of Chester Hospital NHS Foundation Trust provides services to West Cheshire and to Welsh patients covered by Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board. The Trust works collaboratively within the wider Cheshire and Merseyside Health and Care Partnership. Its services are provided from three locations:
- The Countess of Chester Hospital: providing 438 general and acute beds.
- Ellesmere Port Hospital: providing 56 beds as a rehabilitation, intermediate and outpatient facility.
- Tarporley War Memorial Hospital: a base for community services which serve the local rural population.
The Trust employs over 6258 staff (headcount) which includes temporary bank staff and provides acute emergency and elective services, primary care direct access services and obstetric services to a population of approximately 407,000. This includes 357,000 residents in Chester and West Cheshire which includes Ellesmere Port and Neston as well as the Deeside area of Flintshire which has a population of approximately 50,000.
The Trust is a busy district general hospital and in 2022/2023, there were more than 503,342 patient attendances (inpatient, outpatient and diagnostic) ranging from a simple outpatient appointment to major cancer surgery. This is an increase of nearly 10,000 compared to the previous year when there were 494,387 patient attendances.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
See Job Description for further details.
Recruitment selection processes are based on competence (see Person specification) and values.
Please note applicants will be required to pay for their DBS check. Costs are deducted from salary following appointment. The cost of the DBS application is �23 (standard) or �43 (enhanced), this cost will be deducted from your salary over the first three months of employment.
You are encouraged to enrol for the DBS Update Service. A small annual fee of �13 per year applies.
New entrants to the NHS will commence on the minimum of the scale stated above.
Applicants are advised to apply early as if a large number of applications are received for this post, we reserve the right to close the vacancy prior to the advertised date.
Good luck with your application.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Understanding of the function of Patient Engagement Portal
- Knowledge of the national PEP specifications programme
- Strong project management experience in healthcare
- Evidence of service development/ improvement initiatives and change in practice
Knowledge and ExperienceEssential
- Degree at Master's level, Management Qualification and /or experience
- Prince 2/equivalent project management qualification
- Sound knowledge and experience of lean methodology
- Project management experience specifically within cancer in the NHS
Values and BehavioursEssential
- Excellent communication skills
- Giving presentations to inform and influence practice.
- Good people management skills
- Ability to lead meetings and discussions with teams across the health community
- Advanced IT skills used for developing practice e.g., project management
- Ability to prioritise own work, across the Trust, liaising with other staff & teams
Employer detailsEmployer name
- A commitment to quality and safety
- Recognition of the importance of showing respect, dignity and compassion to patients and colleagues
- A listening, learning and leading approach.
- A commitment to work together to create the best outcomes
- Must demonstrate the Trust's values around both raising concerns at work, and how to treat others who raise concerns
Countess of Chester Hospital NHS Foundation TrustAddress
The Countess of Chester Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.