An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Band 5 Public Health Staff Nurse to work within the School Nursing Team based in North Hertfordshire. We are looking for a motivated band 5 to join our workforce to deliver high quality care to our service users in an integrated model with Family Support Services.As well as working with individual children and young people, our focus is on developing local public health plans with schools and the wider community.
Please see Job Description and Job Specification for full details. Ideally you would be able to drive, have access to a car, and be willing to travel across Hertfordshire.Main duties of the job
- be a skilled team player working in a skill mix team under the guidance of a Specialist Practitioner (5-19) as well as being an autonomous practitioner.
- have excellentcommunication skills to use with a variety of clients, professionals & staff
- have a full valid driving license and access to a car to use for business purposes (unless you have a disability as defined by the Equality Act 2010).
HCT Public Health Nursing Team 5-19 is an innovative service that is using electronic health assessments at key stages to help identify individuals requiring early intervention pathways as well as determining public health needs of local communities. HCT also uses Chat health text messaging service and has implemented two health websites for use by children, young people, families & professionals.
The service is committed to mobile working and experience of electronic record keeping would be an advantage although full training will be given.
We are looking for a candidate who can work 37.5 hours a week, however 30 hours would be considered.
Informal discussions welcome.About us
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- A big thank you for considering joining us at Hertfordshire Community NHS Trust
- You'll find it a great place to work with many benefits offered to you as a member of our staff
- We put our patients, their families and carers at the centre of our vision - Outstanding Services and Healthier Communities
- Our staff are proud to be Innovative, Caring and Agile in their work to help achieve the Trust vision
- We welcome diversity in our workforce and are interested in applicants from all backgrounds and ages
- We don't want you to miss out so we'd like you to know that if we have a high level of interest in this role, the vacancy may close prior to the advertised closing date, so please make your application as soon as possible - Apply now
- You've made a great decision to apply to join to HCT - we're looking forward to taking the next steps of the journey with you
As a qualified nurse you will support the Public Health Nurses to implement and deliver the Healthy Child 5-19 programme within the agreed specification from commissioners.
You will deliver care, support & advice to children & their families that attend mainstream schools in the Royston, Baldock, Letchworth, Hitchin, Knebworth and Stevenage area of Hertfordshire. This includes working in schools to deliver the online health questionnaires to Y6 children and liaising with parents following their completion of the online health questionnaire for reception children .
You will be involved in carrying out brief interventions, after triage and allocation by a Public Health Nurse, following agreed care pathways in response to referrals and health needs assessment alerts.
You may also be involved in supporting schools with writing education and health care plans for children with complex health needs, coordinating support in partnership with other specialist health professionals.
You will be required to proactively manage a caseload, prioritising cases according to risk and level of need, with regular supervision from a Public Health Nurse.This role will be based across North Hertfordshire and Stevenage. The core service is provided between 9am and 5pm (working hours can be flexible within these times).
Whilst it is not a legal requirement, Hertfordshire Community NHS Trust encourages and supports all staff to be vaccinated as this remains the best line of defense against COVID-19.
In return, we can offer you:
- access to a wide range of training opportunities including development of leadership skills
- restorative, management and safeguarding supervision
- Generous contributory pension
- 27 days holiday rising to 33 days (depending on NHS Trust service)
- Special Leave for family and personal reasons
- NHS Car Lease Scheme
- Eye Care Vouchers
- Employee Assistance Programme
- NHS Discounts
Hertfordshire Community NHS Trust is voted as one of the Top 100 Best Places to Work (HSJ/ Nursing Times) and is a dynamic and forward-thinking organisation. Our CQC rating is Good.Person SpecificationQualifications and TrainingEssential
Experience and KnowledgeEssential
- Registered Nurse
- Current registration with NMC & knowledge of NMC Code of Professional Conduct
- Mentorship qualification or willingness to undertake
Skills and Personal qualitiesEssential
- Post registration experience
- Knowledge of clinical governance and its implications
- Knowledge of Safeguarding Children
- Experience of team work
- Ability to work independently under guidance of Specialist Nurse
- Excellent communication skills with variety of clients & professionals
- Ability to use assessment skills with guidance
- Good IT skills
- Empathy & understanding of family issues
- Ability to plan and deliver key objectives within strict timetables
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Hold a full, valid, UK driving licence and have access to a car to use for business purposes (unless you have a disability as defined by the Equality Act 2010)
Hertfordshire Community NHS TrustAddress
Bedford Road health Centre
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.