The Ophthalmology Department at Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust is currently looking for two Advanced Clinical Practitioners to work within our busy Glaucoma service. We are looking for a Specialist Nurse, Optometrist or Orthoptist with specialist skills in Glaucoma to join our wonderful team of clinicians to provide our patients expert eye care.
This is a continually growing department and provides a fantastic working environment and development opportunities. The service has also recently taken on community led services, with a large glaucoma element, which work together with our acute services to bring care closer to home and allow patients to be in the right place for their care.Main duties of the job
About usListen to why colleagues think we are a great place to work! -https://bit.ly/3DNEQfD What does Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust offer you?
- To personally deliver a wide range of highly specialised clinical services and provide expert opinion in an area of specialist expertise and advanced practice.
- To be responsible for the clinical and policy development of the Glaucoma service.
- To be responsible for and participate in clinical audit, teaching and research.
- To be accountable to the Heads of Optometry/ Nursing/ Orthoptics (as appropriate) and Clinical Lead for their sub-speciality service.
Why work for us?
- As part of our BHT family, you'll benefit from learning and development opportunities to support your career progression.
- We offer flexible and agile workingopportunities,alongside your NHS benefits ofgenerous annual leave entitlement, pension andaccess toNHS discount schemes.
- We provide a range of health and wellbeing services to promote a healthy, happy workforce.
What do we stand for?
- We'recommitted to promoting inclusion and making sure all colleagues feel they belong. We encourage new colleagues from a diverse range of backgrounds to apply.
- As an employer, we aim to create a workplace where differences are valued, and colleagues treat one another with dignity and respect.
- Greater diversity withinourBHT familyimprovespositive outcomes for the people and communities we serve.
- Our vision is to provide outstanding care, support healthy communities and be a great place to work.
- Our mission is to provide personal and compassionate care every time.
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Our CARE values are collaborate, aspire, respect and enable.
For a comprehensive list of responsibilities and duties, please kindly refer to the Job Description and Person Specification by downloading the JD and PS attachment in the advert.
If you are an internal applicant there is the option for secondment, all applicants must have the endorsement/support of their line manager prior to application.
If you have a disability that makes submitting this online application difficult and would like assistance, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the vacancy reference number.Person SpecificationEducation, Qualifications & TrainingEssential
- BSc in Optometry or Batchelor's Degree in Nursing or BSc in Orthoptics
- Masters level qualification / in progress /equivalent experience
- Independent Prescriber (or willing to work towards)
- Registration with General Optical Council as an Optometrist or First level Registered Nurse or Registration with HCPC
- Certified speciality courses or equivilent self-directed learning and experience if no formal qualification available
- Broad expert clinical experience relevant to the post, including specialist skills and experience in speciality
- Experience of running clinics independently
- Minimum of 5 years' post-registration experience including work at Band 7 or above
- Proven track record of clinical senior management at a senior level in an acute hospital environment, including financial, staff and change management
- Patient diagnosis based on autonomously performed structured clinical history and appropriate clinical examinations, ordering, performing and interpreting investigations, prescription of appropriate treatment
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Be able to work across specific, similar, clinical areas supported by clinical knowledge and expertise
- Proven record of teaching at various levels
- Performance of annual and intermediate performance review for junior colleagues
Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS TrustAddress
Stoke Mandeville Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.