We have a part time 0.4 WTE Band 6 post for Orthoptist with previous clinical experience.
We are looking for somebody with excellent interpersonal and communication skills, a positive and innovative approach to service development and a commitment to working within a multi-disciplinary team.
Band 6 Orthoptic post provides an exciting opportunity to work in CLCH community Paediatric Eye Service in the Borough of Barnet.
The post holder will be a member of the dynamic multi-disciplinary Orthoptic/Optometrist team, working with a mixed caseload of clients.Main duties of the job
Applicants should preferably have 1-2 years' experience, but new graduates will be considered.
You will be responsible for the assessment and management of children and this will include assisting in running Orthoptic clinics in CLCH community clinics.
You should have good organisational skills, a commitment to multi-disciplinary working and an understanding of working alongside services.
If you feel that you have the desire and ability to deliver an efficient and effective service, then please apply.About us
Central London Community Healthcare (CLCH) is one of the largest community healthcare organisations in London and Hertfordshire, providing our services to diverse communities/boroughs in 11 London Boroughs - Barnet, Brent, Ealing, Hammersmith & Fulham, Harrow, Hounslow, Kensington and Chelsea, Merton, Richmond, Wandsworth, Westminster - and Hertfordshire.
Just as we care about our patients' wellbeing, we care about yours!
We can offer you:
- A comprehensive induction into the community service followed by a local induction to introduce you to the role
- Single occupancy accommodation in Central London - (we can help you find accommodation in London, support you with your deposit)
- Support with gaining your driving license *T& C's apply
- Car lease scheme *T& C's apply
- Flexible working options
- Annual travel card loan
- Training, support and development in your career
To have a full look at our benefits and what it's like working for us please go here: https://www.clch.nhs.uk/job/pay-and-benefits
At CLCH we appreciate and are proud of the diversity in the communities we serve and the workforce we employ. Applications are open and welcome to anyone, regardless of your age, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, and disability. We are proud to say that we follow the workforce race equality standard and 28% of our senior staff (8A and above) are from a BAME background. CLCH also has active BAME and LGBTQI networks.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please refer to the attached job description for full list ofresponsibilities. Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- To assist vision screening coordinator to manage vision screening services.
- Diagnose and treat the vision screening failures referred from primary vision screening, Referring management service (GPS) Health visitors, School nurses and other health professionals.
- To provide the highly specialised assessment, diagnosis, management, and treatment of children with acute and chronic ocular motility defects.
- To work collaboratively with other clinicians and other specialities to influence service development and to ensure quality of care is delivered.
- To act as a source of expertise on the management of ocular motility disorders to patients, Ophthalmologists, and other health care professionals.
- To provide clinical teaching for all health professionals.
- Bachelor of Science in Orthoptics BSc or BMed Sci (Orthoptics) and or Diploma of the British Orthoptic Council
- Current AHP with UK HCPC registration
- To have significant experience in all aspects of clinical Orthoptics
- To have experience in a leadership role - lead clinician for a service area
- NHS management qualification or appropriate experiential learning to enable the post holder to deputise for the Head Orthoptist during annual leave and other short periods of absence
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Vision Screening experience
- Teaching and Assessing certificate
- Post graduate British and Irish Orthoptic Society Clinical Educators Course or British Orthoptic Society Clinical Demonstrators Course
- Post Graduate 730 7 City and Guilds Teaching in Further Education Teachers Course or equivalent.
Central London Community Health TrustAddress
Grahame Park Health Centre
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.