The post holder works as an expert acute strokespecialist practitioner and is responsible for thedevelopment, education and quality assurance(SSNAP) of the acute stroke (including TIA) service.
The post holder displays excellent communication andleadership skills, and is responsible for working with thetriumvirate management team (lead consultant forstroke, matron & directorate manager) to develop andmaintain patient pathways and clinical excellence.
The post holder works collaboratively with other keystakeholders, such as Stroke Consultants, EmergencyDepartment, SCAS (South Central AmbulanceService), GPs and Acute PhysiciansMain duties of the job
1. Ensure effective and appropriate caseload management at all times.
2. Contribute towards support and professional development of teammembers, through for example mentorship of the new team members andsupport for community and ward team members learning needs.
3. Demonstrate excellent personal communication. Establish and maintaineffective two-way communication channels with individuals and groups.Demonstrate appropriate assertiveness and ability to challenge otherswhen the rights of patients and others may be infringed.
4. Contribute towards the achievement of the best standard of Stroke nursing care across the Trust. Facilitate care based on best research evidence that is holistic and patient centered.
5. Support standards of cleanliness in clinical areas and for well maintainedward/ departments environments across the Trust
6. Prioritise workload to meet targets. Ensure that Nursing, Medical andOperational Management teams are alerted to quality issues, incollaboration with ward/ team managers.
7. Be responsible for ensuring the clinical team practices within dataprotection/ confidentiality/Caldicott principles
8. Line management and support/ development of SSNAP Data analyst.9. Supervision, education and responsibility of the SSNAP database.
10 .Attends pertinent meetings.About us
Reading sits on the river Thames and is served by great road and rail links to London, Oxford and Southampton. With excellent leisure and shopping facilities, and a thriving cultural scene, Reading is a wonderful place to live, work and play and provides excellent facilities for families, including some of the best state and private schools in the UK.
The CQC recently rated the care provided by the Royal Berkshire NHS Foundation Trust as Good.
xcellent, reflect the type of Trust we aspire to be and you can join our dedicated and talented staff to make this happen.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
1.Understand the workload targets which have been set for the clinicalservice, and demonstrate commitment to their delivery. Ensure that othersare alerted to quality issues.
2. Monitor and maintain the health, safety and security of self and others inthe work area. Identify and assess risks in work activities, and assist indeveloping strategies to manage these effectively. Ensure the team workswithin risk management/ occupational health legislation and Trustprocedures.
3. Actively encourage the development of the Acute Stroke service in linewith the Stroke Service Strategy. Be aware of and promote new evidenceand research in both general and specialist fields. Work creatively todevelop practice and new ways of working, taking the lead in the changemanagement process when appropriate.
4. Develop own skills, taking responsibility for continuing professionaldevelopment and performance, maintain own portfolio in accordance withpost registration requirements. Works to achieve competenciesappropriate to a band 7 post. Is able to identify own development needs inrelation to current practice and future plans, setting personal developmentobjectives.Person SpecificationExperienceEssential
- Recent clinical experience in Acute Stroke at band 6 or 7
- Experience of involvement in successful change management SSNAP expertise
- Acute Stroke qualification or equivalent
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Non-Medical Prescribing. Advanced Life Support. Simulation facilitator
Royal Berkshire NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Royal Berkshire Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.