These will be permanent roles of 37.5 hours, and the salary for this Band 5-Band 6 development role will initially be: �28,407 - �34,581 pa, pro rata.
Are you an ambitious Band 5 Mental Health Nurse/OT who holds professional registration who aspires to become a band 6? If so, we are offering informal discussions before applying for these exciting development posts.
We have created fast track development opportunities across our inpatient and community mental health services, perfect for someone who is keen to work towards band 6 within 6-12 months, depending on competencies.
Livewell Southwest used the Covid Pandemic as an opportunity to reflect. We have implemented changes that have had a positive direct impact on patient care delivery.
For example, the Community Mental Health Framework is an innovative and creative mental health model of working with GPs and primary care, leading to reduced waiting lists of 3 weeks, and providing care to people through a range of psychological and physical interventions.
Furthermore, our acute inpatient unit received an outstanding rating by the Care Quality Commission, highlighting our commitment to best practice.
As well as our commitment to transform services and make them sustainable, we are committed to developing our staff with ongoing support and bespoke training. We welcome you to join us in shaping the future of our services.Main duties of the job
If you would like more information regarding this development opportunity or would like to visit any of the Mental Health areas please email Amy Issott, MHWB Business Support Manager - email@example.com.
Please see the attached Registered Practitioner Development Pathway, Band 5/6 in Mental Health document, individual service areas job descriptions and person specifications for further information regarding each individual role.All Livewell Southwest staff are expected to able and willing to work across a 7 day service. Job Share(s) Considered please note that this role may not be eligible for sponsorship under the Skilled Worker route, please refer to the Direct Gov website for more information with regards to eligibility About us
Livewell Southwest is an independent, award-winning social enterprise providing integrated health & social care services for people across Plymouth, South Hams & West Devon, as well as some specialist services for people living in parts of Devon & Cornwall. With teams in community hospitals, GP practices, sports centres, health & wellbeing hubs.
As an organisation with a strong social conscience, we always value being kind, respectful, inclusive, ambitious, responsible and collaborative. Transforming services to make them sustainable, ensuring that we value, support & empower each other.
We are committed to involving the people we care for, families & carers in everything that we do, working towards co-production where we can. Helping us to deliver the right care for people, in the right place & at the right time. By putting people at the centre of what we do, we ensure to support people to lead, healthy independent lives & be the very best at helping people to live well.
Valuing our employees making an investment in their development a priority. We offer:
Protected CPD time for registered staff
Various development pathways and ongoing regular training packages for all staff
Leadership & mentoring programmes
Access & funding for training including Care Certificate, Assistant Practitioners Course & Scholarship Into Nurse Training
A Robust Preceptorship
A bespoke induction programme
Existing members of the NHS Pension Scheme can continue their membership when they join the organisation.Job descriptionJob responsibilities***** for full details regarding these Band 5 - Band 6 Mental Health Practitioner development roles, please see the attached job descriptions, personal specifications and also the attached Registered Practitioner Development Pathway document *****Person SpecificationKnowledgeEssential
- Band 5:
- Mental Health Act.
- Applies knowledge of CPA and Care Co-ordination.
- Psychiatric illnesses especially those on the schizophrenic and bi-polar spectrum plus evidence of giving relevant nursing care.
- Knowledge of NICE guidelines in relation to mental health and the ability to apply evidence-based practice.
- Band 5:
- Networking with other agencies.
- Ethical issues in relation to Mental Health.
- System one/ECPA/computer patient records.
- Interest and awareness of national and local services developments.
- Band 5:
- Multi-disciplinary working.
- Relevant experience of working with adults with a history of severe and enduring mental illness within health-based organisations.
- Band 5:
- Life experience in wide range of settings.
- Experience within a community mental Health setting.
- Caseload management skills
- Band 5:
- RMN/Dip HE/BSc Mental Health Nursing- NMC Registration.
- Occupational Therapy Degree HCPC Registration.
- Band 5
- Ability to travel across Plymouth.
- Ability to work as an autonomous practitioner within a team including:
- Assessment skills.
- Communication and liaison skills.
- Leadership skills/ Supervisory skills.
- Team working skills.
- Self-management ability.
- Prioritising workload/resources
- Administration skills.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Computer skills.
- Risk assessment management.
- Crisis management.
- Lone working.
- Ability to plan/implement a package of care in the community for patients with mental health problems.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Band 5
- Ability to carry out role of link working within primary care.
- - Independent assessments
- - Planning care and reviewing patients at request of primary care in primary care setting.
- Ability to recognise and support stress in others.
- Mentorship or equivalent.
- Group Interaction Skills.
- Specific Therapeutic interventions.
- Positive risk management.
- Full driving license for at least 12- months.
- Good working knowledge of the Care Quality Commission.
200 Mount Gould Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.