Are you looking to join a dedicated and friendly team within Theatres and Anaesthetics?
L26 Admissions Day surgery ward is looking for a highly motivated registered nurse to join our fast paced, pre and post-operative day surgery unit at the Leeds General Infirmary Hospital.
The Role: You will be a valued member of the multi-disciplinary team, committed to providing high quality, patient-centred care for those undergoing surgery. You will be able to communicate effectively with patients / staff and demonstrate the trusts core values within your practice.
You will work alongside multidisciplinary team, welcoming patients to the unit and admitting them for surgery. You will assist in preparing patients for theatre, ensuring physical and administrative safety checks are completed. You will provide post-operative care for patients, assisting with their recovery to allow for a safe discharge home. This is a rewarding role which will allow you to follow the patient's surgical journey from admission to discharge.
Opportunity for training and personal development will be provided for successful candidates.
Hours of work: Mon - Fri, 7am - 8pm. No night shifts or weekends and the ward is closed on bank holidays
For further information or to arrange an informal visit, please contact Team Leader, Christine Hussey on 0113 3927526 / firstname.lastname@example.orgMain duties of the job
The successful candidate will be part of the team admitting patients for theatre, preparing the patients for theatre, working closely with the surgeons and theatre staff managing the theatre list and discharging patients home post operativelyAbout us
LTHT is a thriving place to work, that is always growing and developing. L26 Day Surgery Ward is part of Theatres and Anaesthesia CSU and therefore offers a wide range of opportunities for development.
Leeds Teaching Hospitals is committed to our process of redeploying 'at risk' members of our existing workforce to new roles. As such, all our job adverts are subject to this policy and we reserve the right to close, delay or remove adverts while this process is completed. If you do experience a delay in the shortlisting stage of the recruitment cycle, please bear with us while this process is completed, and contact the named contact if you have any questions.Job descriptionJob responsibilities If you are an internationally trained nurse applying from overseas, please do not apply using this application form. Please contact email@example.com to find out more about our international nurse recruitment programme.
To provide and be responsible for the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of individualised programmes of care.
To deliver care without supervision.
To take charge of the ward or department as necessary in the absence of the Sister or Charge Nurse.
To participate in the in-service training, preceptorship and mentorship of junior staff, post basic learners and students.
To take responsibility as the prime care provider for a group of patients.
To promote confidence in our commitment to provide excellent compassionate patient care.
To maintain personal development.Person SpecificationAdditional RequirementsEssential
- Willing to undergo training as necessary
- Ability to demonstrate and explain skills to other staff
- Able to fulfil Occupational Health requirements for the post.
- Ability to travel in between Trust premises and patient homes for posts that involve community visits
- Able to fulfil Occupational Health requirements for the post (with reasonable adjustments if necessary), including clearance on blood borne viruses in compliance with Trust Policy
- Registered Adult Nurse Level 1 or 2)
- Has current registration on the appropriate part of the NMC register
Desirable Skills & BehavioursEssential
- Current issues in health care
- Caring, compassionate and motivated
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good written and verbal skills
- Able to provide and be responsible for the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of individualised programmes of care
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload
- Understanding of skills and knowledge required to develop team members
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Capable of lateral thinking
Leeds Teaching HospitalsAddress
Leeds General Infirmary
Great George Street
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.