Community Physiotherapist/ Base - St Marks Maidenhead or Upton, Slough / full time or part time considered / no 'On call' or weekend work / MSc level training supported / Free staff parking. Patient experience and Staff Health & wellbeing is high on our agenda the working days/times for the successful candidate can be flexible.
For this post you will need to have sound experience of working as a physiotherapists at Band 5 level, with experience in the rehabilitation of older adults. A good working knowledge of how the different community, primary and secondary care services, Local Authorities and voluntary services work together is also key.
The post will largely involve managing a clinical caseload of general community referrals, seeing patients in their own home. Neurological patients are managed by a specific workforce, but exposure to this can also be arranged. This role will also provide some support for the physiotherapy activity within the Assessment and Rehabilitation Centre and Reabelement services. This post will work closely with the wider Community Physiotherapy team across East Berkshire.
To be successful in this position you will need the ability to work independently and as a team player, and help to support the overall East Community Physiotherapy service alongside the other Community services leads and the Integrated Service manager. Main duties of the job
Working pattern + Service operating hours
- Effectively manage a caseload of Community Physiotherapy Patients.
- Appropriately delegate ongoing rehabilitation plans to support workforce where appropriate.
- Supervise and support more junior and unqualified support workers.
- Contribute to and help implement service development
This post is open to those looking for either full or part time work (0.6-1wte). The service operates Monday to Friday between 08:00-17:00 there is some flexibility in the hours you work depending on service need. Whilst the essence of the rehabilitation delivered is done face to face, there is the ability to work virtually around this. The 4 must haves for you to be considered for this role:
- Qualified Physiotherapist with HCPC registration
- Minimum of 18 months previous physiotherapy experience at band 5 level
- Sound clinical reasoning and knowledge in the rehabilitation of older adults.
About usSome of the benefits of joining our team:
- Fantastic interpersonal skills
Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesPlease see attached job description for more information about this role and working at Berkshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust.Person SpecificationEducation/Qualifications/TrainingEssential
- Funding and support for suitable training
- No on-call/weekend work
- Flexible working opportunities and a strong emphasis on your work/life balance
- Annual leave - 27 days for new starters, plus bank holidays. Increasing to 29 days after 5 years and 33 days after 10 years NHS service. Pro rata for part time staff
- Excellent learning and development opportunities
- Salary sacrifice scheme for a new car
- Generous maternity, paternity and adoption leave for eligible staff
- Advanced IT enablement and support
- Confidential telephone care service providing independent support and advice for staff.
- And so much more
- Diploma/Degree in Physiotherapy
- HCPC Registered
- Sound experience as a Band 5 in a broad rotational post including specialist areas such as orthopaedics, medical, care of the elderly, neurological and musculoskeletal,
Knowledge, Skills & AbilitiesEssential Additional RequirementsEssential
- Experience of working in the NHS.
Continuous Professional DevelopmentEssential
- Ability to drive and have access to a vehicle to use for work purposes.
- Evidence of CPD including recent relevant course
Knowledge, Skills & AbilitiesEssential
- Experience working as part of a team.
- Experience in supervising junior staff and students.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Clinical knowledge and skill in relevant area
- Ability to work independently with good use of initiative and ability to take responsibility.
- Ability to be able to pass on skills/knowledge to others within both formal and informal environments
- Ability to communicate complex and sensitive information where they may be a barrier to understanding.
Berkshire Healthcare Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.