We are looking for a Clinical/Counselling Psychologist/Counsellor or Psychotherapist. This post has been developed as part of an exciting restructuring of psychological provision to people living with and beyond cancer across Buckinghamshire.
The post holder will be joining at a time of redeveloping cancer psychology services to meet the needs of community and hospital patients. There will opportunities to work closely with colleagues from the cancer pathway within Buckinghamshire Talking Therapies, as well as primary care and third sector providers across the county. There will be opportunities to be involved in service improvement. A maximum of 5% of their time will be spent on working with psychology colleagues on BHT projects outside the cancer service.
You will be joining a respected psychological therapies team within BHT that includes clinical psychologists, cognitive behavioural therapists and assistant psychologists. Regular supervision will be provided, as well as team meetings and peer support.Main duties of the job
You will work within a multi-disciplinary context in the Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust Oncology and Haematology Service providing a psychological service to patients who have been diagnosed with cancer or haematological condition and their families. There are opportunites to be involved in the development of this provision, especially in relation to providing group interventions and working across organisational boundaries (Buckinghamshire Healthcare Trust, Buckinghamshire Talking Therapies and primary care). As part of the MDT you will provide advice and consultation regarding patients to non-psychologist colleagues and deliver teaching and training. About usListen to why colleagues think we are a great place to work! -https://bit.ly/3DNEQfD What does Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust offer you?
Why work for us?
- As part of our BHT family, you'll benefit from learning and development opportunities to support your career progression.
- We offer flexible and agile workingopportunities,alongside your NHS benefits ofgenerous annual leave entitlement, pension andaccess toNHS discount schemes.
- We provide a range of health and wellbeing services to promote a healthy, happy workforce.
What do we stand for?
- We'recommitted to promoting inclusion and making sure all colleagues feel they belong. We encourage new colleagues from a diverse range of backgrounds to apply.
- As an employer, we aim to create a workplace where differences are valued, and colleagues treat one another with dignity and respect.
- Greater diversity withinourBHT familyimprovespositive outcomes for the people and communities we serve.
- Our vision is to provide outstanding care, support healthy communities and be a great place to work.
- Our mission is to provide personal and compassionate care every time.
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Our CARE values are collaborate, aspire, respect and enable.
For a comprehensive list of responsibilities and duties, please kindly refer to the Job Description and Person Specification by downloading the JD and PS attachment in the advert.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Professional qualification in either: Clinical or Counselling Psychology (post graduate doctoral and HCPC registered), or appropriate post-graduate Psychotherapy or Counselling qualification that confers registration and full accreditation with UKCP.
- HCPC registered or UKCP registered as appropriate to profession
- Post-qualification training in a therapeutic model that includes working with depression and anxiety.
- Skills in assessing and working with people with complex psychological, health and social difficulties
- Capacity to work as part of a team and engage in organisational innovations.
- Experience of working in a multidisciplinary setting working with people with physical health problems
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience of working as a psychological therapist with people with a palliative or cancer diagnosis
Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS TrustAddress
Stoke Mandeville Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.