Manage a caseload within a defined population with the overarching aims ofincreasing family resilience, improving population health outcomes andreducing health inequalities whilst safeguarding the wellbeing of childrenMain duties of the job
We are looking to recruit a health visitor to work effectively within multi-agency settings to promote health and well-being. The post-holder will have responsibility for caseload management and the delivery of the Healthy Child Wales programme . To ensure a high quality service to families, individuals and groups in the community for the promotion of their physical, social and psychological wellbeing.Applicants should be a registered nurse/Midwife with a registered health visitor qualification or applicants should be a registered nurse / registered midwife with a registered health visitor qualification.
Good written and verbal communication skills, evidence of multi-agency working and child protection experience are essential. You will also be able to demonstrate evidence of on-going professional development. Knowledge of the current health agenda relating to children, families and health visiting is a necessity. The post-holder must be able to travel to undertake the duties of the post at various locations.
The ability to speak Welsh is desirable for this post Welsh and/or English speakers are equally welcome to apply.About us
Being the smallest Heath Board in Wales means that you won't get lost in the crowd. Everybody at Powys Teaching Health Board is valued for the contribution they make to our varied and diverse portfolio of community-based services. Together, we can continue to make a real difference to our patients and build on our unrivalled reputation.
As a supportive and progressive employer, we actively encourage you to carve out a career with us, through a range of development pathways. We're also lucky enough to be situated in one of the most beautiful rural counties in Britain, let alone Wales! Achieving a healthy 'life work' balance is essential, and something we recognise by prioritising your well-being.
To start your journey with us, and to learn more about what we can offer you please visit: https://pthb.nhs.wales/working-for-us/. There you will find information about our benefits and values, read staff experiences and more about what our beautiful county has to offer. The ability to speak Welsh is desirable for this post English and/or Welsh speakers are equally welcome to apply
.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
You will be able to find a full Job description and Person Specification attached within the supporting documents or please click Apply now to view in TracPerson SpecificationenglishEssential
Desirable Qualifications and/or KnowledgeEssential
- SCPHN Health Visitor Post Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Current NMC Registration
- Nurse prescribing
- In-depth understanding of Public health agenda & Priorities
- Ability to apply and enact local strategy
- Understanding of clinical governance agenda
- All Wales Child Protection Procedures (2008) and Practice
- In depth knowledge of Health Visiting practice and strategic drivers
- Healthy Child Wales Programme (2015)
- Teaching in a clinical setting
- Multi-agency working
- Facilitating group work
Aptitude and AbilitiesEssential
- Partnership Working
- Proven change management experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Effective mentoring
- Ability to work autonomously
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Flexible approach to unpredictable workload demands/patterns
- Change management skills
- Ability to reflect and critically appraise own performance
- Confident and ability to motivate others
- Team player and change Agent
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to travel between sites and visits in a timely manner
Powys Teaching Health BoardAddress
Community Health Services
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.