We have an opportunity for a highly motivated registered nursing professional to join the clinical education team within the corporate division.
The clinical education team is a friendly, supportive, professional integrated team who works collaboratively with multi-professional teams, higher education institutes and stake holder organisations to influence and shape the future of healthcare delivery.
We aim to support and empower both the current and future workforce to ensure our staff are equipped with the necessary skills, values and behaviours to deliver new and innovative models of compassionate patient-focused care.
We are enthusiastic about welcoming new ideas enabling the successful candidates to take an active role in service development and leadership.Main duties of the job
The successful candidate will work with the existing team to develop and deliver an education strategy in partnership with the clinical areas and senior clinical educators to deliver ward/department based education.
These posts are specifically to support with supporting detailed training needs analysis across the Trust to influence the education provision.
The clinical educator (CE) will lead on this corporate objective and will form part of the CE group which will share practice developments and feedback with each other and review progress against both corporate and divisional objectives.
The successful candidate(s) will have the opportunity to work alongside students, new recruits and existing staff to enhance training and support, which will result in positive experiences and influence recruitment and retention.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity further please contact the Senior Clinical Educators on 01484 343664 or Matron Victoria Power on the above number or through the hospital switchboard.About us
Calderdale & Huddersfield NHS Foundation Trust is a dynamic and successful organisation with a strong organisational and personal development focus. With over 5,500 employees and a turnover of �310 million, the Trust provides a comprehensive range of secondary care services to the people of Calderdale and Huddersfield and has an exceptional reputation for service delivery.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
As a clinical educator you will be expected to:
- Have a passion for education
- Have experience of teaching, supervising and assessing healthcare students
- Respond to local and Trust wide training needs including OSCE preparation for international nurses, preceptorship and supporting apprentices including trainee nursing associates.
- Provide opportunities for professional development
- Support Trust wide clinical training needs
- Support placement areas to provide excellent learning experiences for all healthcare learners on clinical placements
- Support staff to complete training and competency assessments
Team working is essential and the individual should have an adaptable attitude, use their initiative, and have good clinical expertise, excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work as part of a dynamic team.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- First level professional registration (NMC)
- Recognised teaching and assessing skills
- Mentorship/Practice Assessor Qualification
- Recognized teaching qualification or working towards this
- Evidence of recent education in relevant field
- Evidence of continuing professional development
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE & EXPERTISEEssential
- Degree in health care
- ALS Certificate
- Leadership training
- Recent experience in the acute care setting.
- Evidence of effective leadership and developmental work.
- Experience of delivering training packages
- Knowledge of clinical education developments
- Experience of presenting
- Commitment to clinical audit, research and evidence-based practice
- Evidence of continuing professional development in the field of medicine and surgery
- Demonstrate an understanding of current issues in health and social care
- Up to date professional knowledge
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience and facilitation of change management
- Experience in research/audit
- Evidence of innovative practice
Calderdale and Huddersfield NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Huddersfield Royal Infirmary
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.