Are you an experienced Stroke Advanced Clinical Practitioner (ACP) looking for a leadership role?
At Kingston we are looking for an experienced ACP to work on the Stroke Unit but to also provide leadership for the new ACP service we are establishing in the Medical Division.
As a Stroke Nurse/AHP Consultant, you will play a crucial role in establishing and leading a team of trainee and qualified ACP's. Your primary focus will be on providing exceptional quality care to patients within the Acute Stroke Unit.
We are looking for a candidate who can bring leadership, clinical expertise, and a passion for delivering outstanding patient care to our team.
The job would be based on the acute stroke unit and there would an opportunity to cover in the TIA and outpatient clinics.Main duties of the job
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills and establish effective partnerships both internally and externally to drive service development.
- Communicate effectively in demanding and challenging situations, serving as a team player.
- Work collaboratively with the ward teams, providing expert guidance and hands-on clinical practice.
- To work as an expert, independent and highly visible autonomous clinical practitioner through hands on clinical practice, facilitation, and clinical consultation for a defined case load on a ward.
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- We have been working towards a 'Kingston brand' that promotes the benefits of living and working in South West London with the intention of aiding the recruitment, retention & training of staff by providing new job roles.
- The development of ACP roles in medicine in KHFT will both support the diversification of the medical workforce but also support specialists to develop generalist approaches to address the growing number of people with multi-morbidity.
- We have a strong history of the value and joint working of ACPs in other areas of the Trust (namely SDEC & ED)
- The integration of ACPs in medicine is not only describing how we envisage ACPs working closely in the multidisciplinary ward teams, but also developing relationships with the patients' carers, volunteers and potentially community services.
For a detailed job description and main responsibilities, please see attached JD.
If you are passionate about delivering exceptional patient care, possess the required qualifications and experience, and resonate with our values, we would love to hear from you.Person SpecificationEducationEssential
- Qualified RGN or equivalent
- Advanced Clinical Practice Masters
- Non-Medical prescribing Qualification
- Expert knowledge of Stroke
- Demonstrate experience of working at Senior Level
- Advanced assessment and diagnostic skills
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Excellent written, IT & verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate highly sensitive information to patients and relatives using empathy and reassurance, gain co-operation where required and overcome barriers to understanding
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic, innovative and able to work on own initiative
Kingston Hospital NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Kingston upon Thames
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.