Are you an experienced Neonatal Nurse looking for an exciting opportunity, in a fast paced, busy but supportive environment?
We are seeking a dedicated, enthusiastic, and committed individual to join our team at Homerton University Foundation Trust.
The Neonatal Governance Lead post holder will take responsibility for leading investigations on the reported clinical and non-clinical incidents via the Trust reporting Datix system, of significant events, complaints and serious incidents. You will produce and monitor action plans from these incidents. You will provide support and information for staff to learn from incidents, taking into consideration human factors, route cause analysis pathways and assurance that change in practice has been embedded to prevent re-occurrence.Main duties of the job
- Promote a culture where clinical governance and patient safety are integrated into the care and wellbeing of all patients, staff and families, promoting a culture of participation, openness, and accountability.
- Support staff and guide them in the management of incidents and complaints, promoting reflection on practice and disseminating learning.
- Lead on the implementation and management of change in response to learning from incidents, ensuring that any necessary actions are taken to prevent similar incidents occurring.
- Ensure the appropriate level of investigation is undertaken in response to incidents, reflecting the severity of incidents.
- Ensure incident reporting via relevant Trust and national governance pathways.
- Ensure the Trust Neonatal Safety Champion is kept up to date.
- Report to and participate in, relevant Trust and Network level Governance and Risk meetings.
- The post holder will be expected to work a ratio of 70:30 to maintain clinical credibility.
- Manage patient flow from admission through to discharge, maintaining high quality patient care and use of resources efficiently.
You will in return receive ongoing support from the Senior Nurse, Trust education team, maternity governance team, and the multidisciplinary (MDT) team. You will be given ample professional support for your career development via the unit and the Trust.
See kindly see the attached Job Description and person specification for key duties and responsibilities.
We encourage and welcome persons with disabilities. If you need help please kindly ask.
We reserve the right to close this advert early due to the volume of applicants. Please apply to avoid disappointment as soon as possible.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The full Job Description provides an overview of the key tasks and responsibilities of the role and the person specification outlines the qualifications, skills, experience and knowledge required.Person SpecificationExperienceEssential
- o NMC Registration RN / RSCN / RM / RN (Child or Adult) .
- o Neonatal Intensive Care Course - QIS trained (Formerly ENB 405/904) or equivalent)
- o Good understanding and management of clinical governance processes
- o Experience of working in a Level 3 unit and NLS qualification
- o Risk management experience
- o Report writing experience
- oTwo years experience in Neonatal Care at Band 6 and above
Employer detailsEmployer name
- oComplaints management
- oRisk manaHuman factors/route cause analysis training or experience of/willing to undertake
- oKnowledge of liaising with the Network Units and Emergency Bed Service (EBS)
- oParticipation in clinical audits.
Homerton Healthcare NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Homerton Main hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.