Are you a Nurse, Occupational Therapist, Social Worker or an Arts Therapist (drama, art, music etc.) looking for a new opportunity? Band 5 Mental Health Practitioner Roles for CAMHS Home Treatment Team. Please specify in your application which area (West Sussex or East Sussex) you would like to work in.
Exciting new opportunities in Sussex CAMHS Home Treatment Team.
Our service isfurther developingto meet the needs of young people and families in the community, with opportunities for Band5mental health practitioners. We are seeking to recruit passionate, enthusiastic and dynamic mental health professionals to join this innovative Sussex CAMHS Home Treatment Team.
This post offers the Trust's �4,000 Incentive for band 5-7 Nurses & Practitioners, as well as a relocation package up to a maximum of �8,000 (subject to terms and conditions).Main duties of the job
We are a friendly and supportive multi-disciplinary team, who are dedicated to providing a high quality service which complements the work done by our wider CAMHS colleagues. As part of Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust's commitment to developing Crisis Care for CAMHS and in line with the NHS Long Term Plan, we are developing our CAMHS Crisis care pathway across Sussex, aimed at further meeting the needs of children and young people presenting with acute mental health needs.The HTT role is to support children, young people and their families within Sussex who are experiencing a period of mental health crisis. The service aims to provide an intensive home treatment care plan with the aim of targeting those young people known to CAMHS and reducing re-presentations to A& E departments, multiple inappropriate admissions to acute general hospitals, and adding to existing packages of care that are being provided by community CAMHS colleagues.
The ability to travel is essential or this postAbout usWe understand that job seekers today are looking for more than just a pay check. That's why we are proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package that goes beyond just a salary. Here are just some additional details about the benefits we provide to our employees:
We believe that our benefits package reflects our commitment to our employees' well-being and development, and we are proud to offer a range of benefits that make us stand out as an employer of choice in the healthcare industry.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- NHS Discounts: Our employees can take advantage of a range of discounts across the NHS, including discounts on travel, shopping, and leisure activities.
- Generous holiday entitlement: Starting at 27 days + 8 bank holidays.
- Flexible Working Patterns: We understand that you have other responsibilities outside of work, which is why we offer flexible working patterns to help you balance both your personal and professional lives. If it works for you and works for the role, we'll do our best to make it happen.
- NHS Pension Contributions: You can rest easy knowing that we're contributing towards your future retirement with one of the most respected pension schemes in the UK.
- Child Care Vouchers: We know how expensive childcare can be, that's why we offer child care vouchers to help our employees with the cost of childcare.
- Excellent Training and Development Opportunities
The HTT aims to support children, young people and their families within Sussex who are experiencing a period of mental health crisis. The service aims to provide an intensive home treatment care plan with the aim of targeting those young people known to CAMHS and reducing re-presentations to A& E departments, multiple inappropriate admissions to acute general hospitals, and adding to existing packages of care that are being provided by community CAMHS colleagues. In addition, we provide home treatment to young people whose functioning has deteriorated significantly.The service will work in partnership with local CAMHS teams, adding to care packages for a time limited (up to 16 weeks) period with the aim of crisis resolution through supporting young people and families to maximise coping skills.These posts will focus on providing intensive home treatment, and will be locality based, linking in with our existing crisis services and local CAMHS teams. The posts will involve the need for some flexibility around working patterns to include some weekend and evening work, and will involve travel across East or West Sussex.Applicants will need a core professional qualification that is registered with the NMC, Social Work England or HCPC. Applications are welcomed from OTs, Mental Health Nurses, Social Workers, and Drama/Art/Music Therapists.Experience in working in CAMHS or in crisis services would be beneficial although not essential. See attached Job Description and Person Specification for full details.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Registered Professional Qualification
- NMC or HPC Registration
- Post Basic Courses / Study Days
- Evidence of CPD and professional portfolio.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Knowledge of MHA (1983/2007).
- Knowledge of Mental Capacity Act (2005), to include practical knowledge of FACE documentation, DOLS and Best Interest decisions
- Child and Adult safe guarding procedures
- Change management at organising and prioritising their workload
- Demonstrate ability to enhance care through evidence based knowledge
- Demonstrate professional development relevant to the specific care group
Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Chalkhill c/o Princess Royal Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.