We are looking to appoint a highly motivated Principal Clinical Psychologist to work within a specialist stroke service in Somerset.
This is maternity leave cover for 12 months at band 8a.
Applicants will ideally have some experience of working in neurological rehabilitation settings and show commitment to developing in this specialism.
We are very open to those with transferable skills looking to move to a different speciality and are able to provide training and supervision (including QiCN supervision) as needed. Applications will be considered for newly qualified psychologists.
The position offers an exciting opportunity to deliver specialist neuropsychological rehabilitation to patients with stroke and acquired brain injury, linking closely with established multidisciplinary teams. The successful candidate will fulfil a key role in delivering the neuropsychology service to the stroke pathway. There are opportunities for both inpatient and outpatient work.
The post will suit a Principal Clinical Psychologist who enjoys neuropsychological assessments and rehabilitation interventions, as well as consultation, supervision, training, service development and research/audit. An ability to work with the wider system (e.g. non-statutory organisations, acute hospitals) is essential.Main duties of the job
- To provide a high quality specialist clinical psychology/neuropsychology service to adults with stroke
- To work autonomously within professional guidelines and exercise responsibility for the governance of psychological practice
- To supervise the neuropsychological assessment and treatment provided by pre-qualification psychologists within the neurological rehabilitation service
- To undertake consultation, teaching, research and development activity as a major job responsibility.
- To contribute to psychological aspects of service development within stroke.
As an organisation, the NHS offers a wide range of benefits including flexible working, pension contributions, market leading annual leave allowance, career progression, and regular conversations, not to mention our Blue Light Card and NHS exclusive discounts.
The benefits of working in Somerset include the idyllic countryside, with our areas of outstanding beauty and stunning coastlines. You will get to enjoy these perks whilst still only being a stone's throw away from bustling city centres like Bristol, Bath and Exeter and only two hours away from London.
There are excellent educational facilities in the area and, when compared to other regions, house prices are reasonable. You will experience the best of both in Somerset, the countryside and the cosmopolitan - there is truly something for everyone!Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see Job Description and Person Specification for full details of the main duties and responsibilities.Person SpecificationDClinPsych or equivalentEssential
- Eligible for Chartered Clinical Psychologist status, and HCPC registration
- Significant psychological therapy experience with patients with stroke/brain injury
- Significant neuropsychology experience in neurological rehabilitation
- Supervision training and experience with range of staff and professions
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Specialist psychological therapy with patients with neurological conditions
- Training in two or more psychological therapies
- Post-qualification training in neuropsychological assessment and rehabilitation
- QiCN/MSc Clinical Neuropsychology
Somerset NHS Foundation TrustAddress
South Petherton Community Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.