Education plays a significant role in the current context and future ambition of the University Hospitals Bristol and Weston NHS Foundation Trust, and an ongoing commitment to education is a core part of the Trust's strategy.
Now is an exciting time to join the Trust Services' education team at UHBW which supports a wide and diverse range of education for both clinical and non-clinical development across the Bristol and Weston locations. Following the implementation of a new education strategy a number of new and existing vacancies have now become available to help support the Trust's clinical staff.
The post holder will join an established team responsible for supporting a diverse group of learners in the clinical practice setting and supporting their progression and proficiency development.
The post holder will work in collaboration with internal stakeholders, such as ward managers, Practice education facilitators and the practice based learning team to provide this support to learners
This role is open for Internal UHBW secondment.Main duties of the job
The overall purpose of the Clinical Practice Educator role is to support the development and progression of learners in relation to their knowledge, skills and behaviours and you would be supporting learners across the divisions within trust, aligned to the NMC annexe B procedures.
The role holder will need to work closely with the other members of the clinical learning and development team, such as the learning education facilitation team, simulation, international nurse education recruitment and retention team and corporate education.
In addition, it is expected that the post holder will actively build networks with clinical training, practice education facilitators and service/professional leads across the Trust. The role also entails face to face teaching of competencies and clinical skills.
This is an exciting opportunity to support the ambition of the Trust's education strategy, in the skills and training development necessary for a broad range of staff and trainees to ensure safe and outstanding patient care. The post holder will be expected to work across all sites.About us
University Hospitals Bristol and Weston NHS Foundation Trust (UHBW) is one of the largest acute Trusts in the country, bringing together a combined workforce of over 13,000 staff and over 100 different clinical services across 10 different sites, serving a core population of more than 500,000 people across South West England. UHBW has been rated by the CQC as 'Good' overall and our staff are proud to deliver excellent care to the people of Bristol, Weston and beyond. As a forward-thinking multi-award winning Trust and a digital exemplar committed to improving patient care, our world-leading research and innovations are having a positive local and global impact. Our hospitals are spread across Bristol and Weston, join us and you can enjoy the very best of both worlds city living within a stone's throw of the countryside or beside the seaside, both with easy access to all that the South West has to offer. UHBW is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. As an equal opportunities employer actively working towards a diverse workforce we aim to recruit and retain a workforce which represents the rich diversity of the local population at all levels and are committed to designing our services around the needs of individual patients and those around them. Anonymous information will be used from your application in order to ensure we're meeting our pledge.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For a more detailed job description and main responsibilities, please refer to the job description document attached to this vacancy.Person SpecificationQualifications and TrainingEssential
Knowledge and ExperienceEssential
- Registered Health Professional i.e. NMC or HCPC
- Teaching/Education Qualification
- Appropriate Degree qualification
- Evidence of recent professional development and its application in the clinical workplace
- Portfolio of evidence for the management of teaching & learning and education
- Recent experience of working with pre and post registration learners in healthcare professions and part of a work-based environment
- Recent evidence of working on Trust wide projects/initiatives
- Recent experience of practice development and teaching
- Good working knowledge of education as part of a complex health care organisation
- Understanding of adult centred and innovative education methods, including development of blended resources and teaching tools
- Knowledge of effectively engaging diverse groups of learners
- Comprehensive understanding and experience of teaching and undertaking clinical and practical skills
- Experience of undertaking learning assessments and evaluations across a variety of formats
- Recent relevant clinical experience
Skills and AbilitiesEssential
- Recent experience of service development and implementation of change
- Proven IT skills including use of Microsoft & PowerPoint packages and Excel Spreadsheets
- Proven presentation and facilitation skills in a variety of settings with a variety of staff and trainee groups
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated and confident to work independently and with minimal supervision
- Proven organisational and planning skills
- Ability to design, implement and evaluate education practice development programmes/initiatives inclusive of digital resources
- Ability to influence and gain professional credibility with all levels of staff, including senior managers
- Ability to work as an effective team member across professional boundaries and organisations
- Team-working skills and an understanding of team building and group dynamics
- Ability to provide high quality and up to date clinical training both in the workplace and in education settings
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Evidence of facilitating Trust wide study programmes/initiatives
University Hospitals Bristol and Weston NHS Foundation Trust (UHBW)Address
Education & Research Centre
Upper Maudlin Street
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.