Are you passionate about Trauma Informed Care for people who are requiring support with their mental health during the perinatal period and/or with maternal mental health needs. Do you enjoy working in a caring and compassionate, dynamic environment and working with multidisciplinary colleagues to deliver the best possible care for people and their families ? This role could be for you! We are seeking a Lead Psychologistto step into an exciting new lead role in our Perinatal and Maternal Mental Health Services.
We have an opportunity for an experienced Clinical Psychologist to be responsible for high quality service provision and to contribute to the strategic development of the psychological input provided by the psychology service and our multidisciplinary colleagues.
This is an exciting time to join the service you will be working with the Consultant , Service Lead and Senior Clinical Psychologists to help develop and co-produce the clinical model across teams and will be working to further embed Trauma Informed Care within the service .
We are a friendly and supportive team and service. We are keen to support you to further your skills, knowledge and experience, and to support your career development. There are opportunities to be involved in research.
Somerset NHS Foundation is a multi-disciplinary Trust. We understand the importance of increasing recognition nationally of psychology in Perinatal and Maternal Mental Health.Main duties of the job
Main duties of the job
In your clinical role you will have opportunities to apply your expertise in assessment, formulation and interventions, through direct clinical work with service users and their families or carers, and through facilitating team formulations and consultations.
You will have opportunities to apply your experience in supervision and teaching with all multidisciplinary colleagues. We strive to support staff wellbeing, and offer reflective practice, clinical supervision, staff support and post incident supportive conversations as part of this. The Trust has an active staff wellbeing service.
In your lead role you will have responsibility for coordinating the delivery of the psychology and psychological therapy input for Perinatal and Maternal Mental Health Service across the county, and for further developing this. You will work closely with Team and Service Managers, and other senior Clinical Psychologists and the teams consultant along with other colleagues within the service. You will have responsibility for supporting smooth transitions for people who are moving between teams and services.About us
As an organisation, the NHS offers a wide range of benefits including flexible working, pension contributions, market leading annual leave allowance, career progression, and regular conversations, not to mention our Blue Light Card and NHS exclusive discounts.
The benefits of working in Somerset include the idyllic countryside, with our areas of outstanding beauty and stunning coastlines. You will get to enjoy these perks whilst still only being a stone's throw away from bustling city centres like Bristol, Bath and Exeter and only two hours away from London.
There are excellent educational facilities in the area and, when compared to other regions, house prices are reasonable. You will experience the best of both in Somerset, the countryside and the cosmopolitan - there is truly something for everyone!
There are local excellent educational facilities , and house price are competitive with other counties . Somerset is a beautiful area with easy access to the M5 whilst also being close to the coast and several areas of out standing beauty.
We have many active and impactful colleague networks. These networks provide a safe space for colleagues to share their experiences and learn from one another, but also influence change across our trust: including the following ,
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Multicultural Network
- Women's Network
- Armed Forces' Network
- LGBTQ+ Network
- Lived Experience Network, for colleagues living with disabilities
- Autistic Colleague Network.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
- Provide highly Specialist Clinical Leadership across the Perinatal Mental Health Service for service users and their families .
- Coordinate and provide specialist assessment, formulation, consultation, training and supervision.
- Provide operational management and leadership within the Perinatal and Maternal Mental Health Service for psychological therapies.
- Work autonomously within professional guidelines and exercise responsibility for their practice whilst utilising research skills for audit, policy and service development.
- Contribute to policy changes within the areas supported by the service and assess the needs of service users, suggesting areas for development
- Work alongside colleagues in psychological services and perinatal maternal mental health service to ensure effective implementation of best practice.
Please see Job Description for detailed responsibilities.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- HCPC Registration
- Qualified Clinical or Counselling Psychologist (D.Clin.Psychol. or equivalent)
- Further training in at least one (other) psychological therapy, e.g. cognitive analytic psychotherapy, EMDR, dialectical behaviour therapy.
Experience & KnowledgeEssential
- Management and Leadership Training
- Experience in co-constructing services with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Leadership experiences across service settings and the ability to bring together different working parties to develop collaborative interventions.
- Knowledge and experience in consultation in multi-professional settings.
Personal Qualities and SkillsEssential
- Experience of working with women with complex mental health difficulties
- Experience of working in a neonatal, perinatal, or maternal mental health setting.
- Experience of working from a community psychology approach
- Experience in setting up new services.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Professional and patient focussed approach with inspirational skills, acting as a role model to colleagues and junior staff members.
- Ability to function with a wide range of professionals and stakeholders in a complex multi-agency context.
Somerset NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Broadway Health Park
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.