Within STW, the ICB, SaTH & SCHT are committed to integrating to provide improved seamless pathways of care for patients. This is an exciting time to join Shropshire Community Health NHS Trust as we work in partnership with The Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS Trust - our Acute Partners.
This is your opportunity to join us and be part of the next step in this journey with the introduction of our community sub-acute wards.
We are recruiting to a variety of roles working as part of an innovative MDT. You will be working for Shropshire Community Health NHS Trust with your base at either the Royal Shrewsbury Hospital or The Princess Royal Hospital.
This is an exciting opportunity to make a difference to the care of patients enabling them to step down to their normal place of residence faster
As a registered nurse you will be experienced in working in a multi disciplinary / multi-agency health / social care environment with knowledge of IT basic administration systems including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel etc).
You will be patient focussed and have the ability to carry out comprehensive holistic nursing assessments and be able to prioritise and make sound decisions, sometimes under pressure.Main duties of the job
- Formulate and deliver high quality patient care without direct supervision, seeking guidance on actions that are outside agreed defined standards.
- Recognise changes in patients' conditions which require the intervention of others and ensure that timely referrals are made, or escalation procedures enacted as appropriate.
- Ensure patient safety is maintained at all times. Record and report adverse and potentially adverse events and assist with investigation of such events', ensuring learning is shared with the wider team(s).
- Maintain clear, accurate and contemporaneous records in line with current NMC guidelines and standards.
- Access and use patient clinical diagnostic information to inform clinical decisions.
- Make appropriate and timely referrals to members of the multi-disciplinary team and external agencies to ensure patients' on-going physical, spiritual, emotional and social needs are met,
- Ensure that high standards of nursing care are given and maintained and act when standards are not being maintained.
- Act as an advocate for your patients, ensuring that any barriers to the patient's opinions and wishes being heard are challenged.
To discuss this opportunity please contact Tracie Black, Associate Director for Workforce, Education & Professional StandardsAbout us
Shropshire Community Health NHS Trust provides community-based health services for adults and children in Shropshire, Telford and Wrekin, and some services in surrounding areas too. These range from district nursing, health visiting and running four community hospitals through to providing very specialist community care through talented and dedicated staff.
Patients, carers and the public play a vital role in helping us to develop and improve our services and we are constantly looking for ways to work with local communities, patients and the public to innovate and improve. Have a look at the Have Your Say section of our website to find out how you can feed back your experiences and help us to continually improve.
Shropshire Community Health NHS Trust is an exciting place to work. It offers a wide range of employment opportunities for many people.
Shropshire Community Health NHS Trust positively encourages applications from all areas of the community, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or religious beliefs. We are committed to ensuring people who work for the community trust have a good working life - and a good work life/home life balance.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see the Job Description and Person Specification attached for further information on the role.Person SpecificationTraining and QualificationEssential
- RGN NMC Registered
- Professional, clinical knowledge acquired through training to degree/diploma level
- Literacy & numeracy Level 2 or equivalent (GCSE A - C)
Knowledge and SkillsEssential
- Experience of working in a sub-acute environment
- Experience of working in a multi disciplinary / multi agency health/social care environment.
- Experience and knowledge of IT basic administration systems including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel etc).
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to carry out comprehensive holistic nursing assessment
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to prioritise and make sound decisions, sometimes under pressure
- Strong leadership skills
- Knowledge of current professional issues
Shropshire Community Health NHS TrustAddress
PRH or RSH
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.