The successful candidate will be a member of a dynamic Network Team which provides system support to maintain and develop a predominately Cisco network infrastructure within the Trust. This will include the provision of routine maintenance, monitoring, systems management and installation of voice and data equipment (Switching & Routing) including, but not limited to, active network devices, telephone handsets and telephone switches.
Applicants must ensure that prior to applying they have agreement from their current line manager that they can be released on a secondment basis.
In the event that permanent funding is secured for this post the successful applicant will be confirmed in post on a permanent basis.Main duties of the job
The role will involve the planning and organisation of complex work streams that require the formulation and adjustment of plans. The role will involve the management of support calls and day-to-day workload in an efficient and productive manner.
You will be able to manage priorities and deliver on-time to the Trust's needs.
You will be able to provide 1st and 2nd line technical support to users, involves fault finding/fixing for complex voice and data IT systems. You will have obtained a high level of technical expertise to configure, maintain and troubleshoot the various corporate IT voice and data network. As well as assemble and dismantle complex IT equipment where accuracy is important i.e. active network devices.
You will be required to liaisewith third party support contractors to ensure faults are resolved in a timely manner.You will form part of a team that covers over 100 sites within an area of over 4000 square miles.
Training will be provided to the right candidate.About us
We are the Mental Health & Learning Disability NHS Trust for County Durham and Darlington, Teesside, North Yorkshire, York and Selby.
From education and prevention, to crisis and specialist care --our talented and compassionate teams work in partnership with our patients, communities and partners to help the people of our region feel safe, understood, believed in and cared for.
We nurture the recovery journey of anyone in need of our help. In Our Trust, everyone has a say in how they are supported and treated because we listen to every person in our care until they feel understood. Our patients, their families and carers work together with us towards better mental health.
We're committed to new thinking that improves the wellbeing of our region. We connect with our communities and partners to get mental health care right, in areas that really need it.
We won't rest until everyone in our region has the mental health care they need, to lead their best possible life.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
You will be able to manage priorities and deliver on-time to the Trust's needs. This may include working within a defined financial budget and managing 3rd party contractors to deliver specific components. In addition judgments may have to be made involving a range of situations, which require analysis or comparison of a range of options.
Please refer to the attached job description and person specification for further detailed information to ensure that you meet the role criteria before applying.Person SpecificationSkillsEssential
- Experience of a Windows led environment
- Recent hands on, IT technical experience of industry standard technologies and working with enterprise size technology solutions
- Experience of working in a customer led service
- Experience in the management of third party suppliers
- Experience of administration and configuration of network and communications devices within Infrastructures that provide high levels of system availability, integrity and security
- Recent experience in producing a range of documentation and reports i.e. Technical Documents, Standard Operating Procedures and Key Decision Documents
- Recent experience in working to structured change control process - from raising to implementing
- Work experience in an NHS environment
- Experience of Project management and leading on work packages
- Educated to Degree standard or equivalent in a relevant subject or with equivalent experiential learning in the field of Network, Telecommunications and Network Security technical Design and Support
- Achieve a relevant Networking/Cisco certification within an agreed timescale
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Cisco Qualification
- Network Security Qualification
- ITIL Qualification - Foundation Level
Tees Esk and Wear Valleys NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Lanchester Road Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.