Our small but perfectly formed communications and engagement team is looking for two brilliant communications and engagement officers who share our love of creating great content and can bring health care to life for the half a million people in our local population.
If you're a comms or engagement professional there is no better place than the NHS to flex your creative muscles. You will have boundless opportunities to develop campaigns that help people live healthier lives, make headlines by creating exciting media opportunities, inform and engage our workforce of 13,000 colleagues in new and innovative ways, and help communities get involved and enthused in shaping the services we provide.
If you can help Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health Board tell its story, we can help you to enjoy a career where no two days are the same and where you will be supported to be the best you can be.
For an informal chat about these roles, contact Simon Blackburn, Director of Communications, Engagement & Fundraising, at email@example.comMain duties of the job
The post holder will help to deliver an excellent communications and engagement service to a range of stakeholders, including staff, patients, public, media, and partner organisations.
Working as part of a dedicated and skilled team, the Communications and Engagement Officer will use excellent communications skills and creativity to engage, enthuse, persuade and influence audiences. They will use their experience, together with motivational and negotiating skills, to guide staff, committees and senior managers on appropriate responses to complex issues, protecting and maintaining the reputation of CTMUHB and the NHS at all times.
They will be required to work independently, using their own initiative and judgement to deal with enquiries and requests for support from internal and external audiences. They will use good judgement to escalate issues to senior colleagues as appropriate, and seek support from peers as required. The ability to speak Welsh is desirable for this post English and/or Welsh speakers are equally welcome to apply.About us
Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health Board is part of the NHS Wales family. Our Health Board provides primary, secondary and community health and wellbeing services to around 450,000 people living in three County Boroughs: Bridgend Merthyr Tydfil, and Rhondda Cynon Taf.
We live by our core values:
- We listen, learn and improve
- We treat everyone with respect
- We all work together as one team
We are a proud local employer around 80% of our 15000 workforce live within our region, making our staff not only our lifeblood of our organisation but of the diverse communities that we serve.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
You will be able to find a full Job description and Person Specification attached within the supporting documents or please click Apply now to view in Trac.Person SpecificationExperienceEssential
- Media handling
- PR or marketing
- Public or stakeholder engagement
- Using social media to influence and inform
- Delivering, co-ordinating, and evaluating campaigns
- Providing communications advice to staff at a range of levels
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Able to write engaging copy and explain complex issues in clear, simple language
- Ability to create and edit videos for use on social media, web and internal platforms
- Able to plan and oversee events involving senior members of the organisation and multiple stakeholders
- Able to manage own workload and deliver on deadlines while managing competing priorities and urgent requests
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to travel within Cwm Taf Morganwwg University Health Boards geographical area in a timely manner
- Ability to work flexibly to meet the needs of the service.
Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health BoardAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.