We are seeking a dedicated and compassionate nurse to join our team of healthcare professionals based at North Bristol trust Brunel Building the base.
The home team are primarily focused on Peritoneal dialysis and Hemodialysis based in the community. The area covers most of the South West, Bristol South Gloucestershire, and North Somerset.
Upholding the Trust values , Caring, Ambitious, Respectful and Supportive. A strong sense of teamwork and excellent communication skills are essential for the role. A background of renal is an advantage but not necessary for this role We will offer a development program to increase your knowledge in home dialysis therapies. Whilst supporting the training of Clients and patients to be independent with their dialysis.
You will also be part of the multi-disciplinary team, and also form a part of the MDT approach. Giving the patient and client individualized care in their health need journey.
This role requires travelling, as part of the role, you must hold a valid UK Licence and posses access to a vehicle.Main duties of the jobClinical Responsibilities
- Deliver clinical and therapeutic care, within the clinical and home setting using set protocols and within scope of registered nurse.
- Organize and priorities time effectively.
- Provide high quality patient care, appropriate to patient need. Be responsible for a group of patients as part of a program of agreed development.
- Take personal responsibility for ensuring that patients are always treated with courtesy, the individual needs of the patients are respected, and confidentiality is maintained at all times.
- Promote and value the rights, responsibilities, and diversity of people.
- Ability/ ( desirable option bu can be taught ) to use specialist technical equipment required within the clinical area/ home setting, including peritoneal dialysis machines (and hemodialysis machine if needed) as appropriate to patient care.
- Understand and follow protocols and policies for peritoneal dialysis, transplantation, hemodialysis and blood borne viruses, ensuring all patients are safely managed.
North Bristol NHS Trust employs over 12,000 staff providing healthcare to the residents of Bristol,South Gloucestershire and North Somerset from our award-winning hospital building at Southmead.We are the regional Major Trauma Centre,and an internationally recognised centre of excellence in a range of services and major specialities.Our vision is that by enabling our teams to be the best that they can be,we will provide exceptional healthcare,personally delivered.
We commit to treating each patient as an individual with respect and dignity, aiming to deliver excellent clinical outcomes and a first-class experience for everyone who uses our service.
North Bristol NHS Trust values all people as individuals. We aim to be an anti-discriminatory organisation and are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. We welcome applicants from all underrepresented groups. NBT always tries to uphold its core positive values which is Care, Respectful, Ambitious and Support.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For a full overview of the Job Description, please refer to the PDF Job Description attached as an additional document to this advert.Person SpecificationEssentialEssential
Desirable DesirableEssential Employer detailsEmployer name
- registered Nurse / NMC registration
- Access to a vehicle
- UK Driving Licence
North Bristol NHS TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.