Would you like to be involved in the development of a brand-new state of the art Section 10 Aseptic Services Unit? We have a great opportunity for a pharmacist to gain experience in Aseptic Services. You will develop a holistic range of skills and knowledge relating to aseptic preparation and the standards which govern cleanrooms and unlicensed medicines.
At Great Western Hospital NHS Foundation Trust (GWH) we have a clear commitment to transform our aseptic service provision into a patient centered, resilient and reactive service which will support the national agenda for Aseptic Services Transformation. Construction has commenced with completion expected in Winter 2023 of two new Section 10 cleanrooms to support the delivery of high cost, short expiry, agile chemotherapy provision and future unmet patient need. Alongside our brand new aseptic services unit, we are growing our existing supportive and friendly Aseptic Services Team and seek enthusiastic, motivated and passionate individuals to join our team.
We are open to employing a junior pharmacist with limited or no exposure to Aseptic Services but with transferable skills. Full training will be provided.Main duties of the job
The role will act as professional lead for the day-to-day supervision of the Pharmacy Aseptic Services Unit. The role will be varied, with the post holder developing their understanding and experience in multiple areas ranging from final release, the physical and microbiological environment through to risk assessments, training and quality management.
You will work closely with the Senior Aseptic Services Pharmacists and Accountable pharmacist and gain experience in the on-going management of an aseptic preparation service, including the opportunity to be involved in the commissioning and validation of a new facility.
The role will also provide support to the clinical pharmacy service.About us
Our STAR values are at the heart of everything we do. You can expect to see them in the way we act and the way we treat each other. Our values make us who we are.
Service We will put our patients firstTeamwork We will work togetherAmbition We will aspire to provide the best serviceRespect We will act with integrityJob descriptionJob responsibilities
Please refer to the job description attached
Excellent organisational and prioritising skills are essential to this role as is excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
You are enthusiastic and motivated to develop your aseptic services skills. You enjoy working as part of a team in a fast paced environment. Full training will be given with opportunities actively encouraged to develop your knowledge.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Member of General Pharmaceutical Council
- Masters Degree in Pharmacy
- Post qualification in either aseptic services (e.g. Pharmaceutical Technology Quality Assurance) or clinical (e.g. Clinical Diploma)
- Clinical Pharmacy demonstrate a core knowledge of therapeutics and pharmacology
- Demonstrate an appropriate level of clinical reasoning and judgement
- Demonstrate the ability to problem solve
- Demonstrates awareness of current NHS agenda
- Ability to identify and prioritise work and manage time appropriately to meet deadlines
- Demonstrate understanding of legislation that applies to hospital pharmacy practice
- Experience of working within an aseptic unit environment
- Awareness of legislation and standards relating to Good Manufacturing Practice
- Good planning, organisational and prioritising skills
- Good computer skills and experience in use of Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Ability to concentrate on complex/demanding tasks
- Ability to receive, manage and communicate complex information to staff, patients and external parties.
- Knowledge and clear understanding of GDP
- Understanding of legal requirements, procedures, protocols governing clinical trials and GCP
- Ability to train other members of staff
- Understanding of clinical governance and implications for service including quality & audit
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Good time management
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Problem identification and solving skills
- Capability to work calmly under pressure
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Ability to respond to emotional situations in a calm and professional manner
- The ability to deal with distressed patients/clients
- High level of accuracy and detail whilst dealing with distractions/interruptions.
Great Western Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Great Western Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.