Are you looking to progress and develop your career in a fast paced and supportive working environment? We have an exciting opportunity in our dynamic Finance Team supporting a 2bn+ NHS Foundation Trust with a track record of high quality on the job training.
We are committed to career development and offer a flexible and collaborative working environment where your health and wellbeing are valued. We are constantly evolving, improving and encourage innovation. Opportunities have arisen for Finance Business Partner Roles supporting front line operational teams. The roles are essential in ensuring accurate, timely and insightful financial information, analysis, and reporting.
The Financial Management Team within the Trust offer a comprehensive financial management service, supporting budget holders to deliver on objectives. We offer a wealth of learning and development to help you achieve your career goals and opportunities to take your career to the next level. We work on a hybrid model with a blend of office based, on site, and remote working. Office based days will be at our newly refurbished offices at Regent Court, which is accessible via public transport, a few minutes from Five Ways station. On site working will be from our hospital sites when required. Remote working will be from home for up to 2 days per week. Specific details/flexible working options can be discussed as part of the interview process.Main duties of the job
If you meet all the requirements of the person specification for this role and are currently a CCAB finalist, we would also like to hear from you.
The job description and person specification attached provides full details of what is expected of the role. You should read in order to fully understand the requirements. The criteria is used by hiring managers during shortlisting. The post holder will
Act as the lead financial specialist in the Group, supporting the Senior Business Partners and Associate Directors of Finance in providing a comprehensive financial and performance management service to one or more Groups within the Division.
Influence decision making within the Group through the provision of business and expert financial advice and will be expected to work independently and pro-actively, using their own initiative & produce accurate, timely and appropriate monthly financial and performance management information
Calculate accruals, prepayments and adjustments to be reflected in the monthly management accounts while also supervising assistant management accountants and be responsible for their personal development and performance
Ensure that monthly financial performance information is communicated to budget holders and lead the annual budget setting process for their Directorate, supporting the production of business cases and contributing to SLA negotiations.
Train and provide advice to budget holders, ensuring controls are in place and SFI's are followed.About us
We are recognised as one of the leading NHS Foundation Trusts in the UK. Our vision is to Build Healthier Lives, and we recognise that we need incredible staff to do this.
Our commitment to our staff is to create the best place for them to work, and we are dedicated to:
Investing in the health and wellbeing of our staff, including a commitment of offering flexible working where we can Offer our staff a wide variety of training and development opportunities, to support their personal and career development objectives.
UHB is committed to ensuring that our staff are treated fairly and feel that they belong, by creating a kind and inclusive environment. This is about equity of opportunity removing all barriers, including discrimination and ensuring each individual member of staff reach their true potential, achieve their ambitions and thrive in their work. This is more than words. We are taking action. Our commitment to an inclusive culture is embedded at all levels of the organisation where every voice is heard, driven by our diverse and active staff networks, and at Board level by the Fairness Taskforce led by our CEO. We nurture a culture which empowers staff to challenge discriminatory behaviours and to enable people to bring their 'whole self' to a kinder, more connected and bold place to work.
University Hospitals Birmingham is a Smoke-Free premises hospital.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
*Please Note : For a detailed job description for this vacancy, please see attached Job Description*Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- * Fully Qualified member of CCAB
- * Completion of evidenced ongoing Continuing Professional Development in accordance with guidelines produced by the relevant Professional Accountancy Body CCAB Qualified
- * Significant relevant experience in a financial management role in a large and complex organisation, including experience in the financial elements of business planning and investment appraisal techniques.
- * Up to date knowledge of Financial and Management Accounting including International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- * Good working knowledge or a proven interest in the NHS including understanding of key targets and the performance management framework
- * An understanding of specific NHS policies for example Payment by Results, Patient Choice and Foundation Trusts.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- * Good written communication skills including the ability to produce concise financial reports.
- * Strong analytical skills to interpret complex financial information.
- * Good verbal communication and presentation skills including the ability to explain complex financial issues to non-financial staff and communicate sensitive or contentious information in order to influence decision making.
- * Strong inter-personal skills including the ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with colleagues at all levels from within the organisation and external stakeholders.
- * Flexibility to work independently or as a member of a team to achieve organisational goals
- * Ability to work autonomously with the skills to make some decisions independently and to recognise where decisions should be made at a higher level.
- * Ability to work accurately under pressure in order to meet tight deadlines,
- * Ability to use own initiative, prioritise work, delegate appropriately and apply problem solving skills.
- * Comprehensive IT skills including the use of Financial Systems / General Ledgers. Experience with Microsoft Office products including the ability to design spreadsheets to analyse large amounts of complex data.
- * Ability to use a full range of formulae to create spreadsheets and databases capable of recording, manipulating and analysing highly complex data and statistics.
- * Standard keyboard skills
University Hospitals Birmingham NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Second Floor, 14, George Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.