Band 5 - Management Accountant
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the finance team at Chelsea and Westminster Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust.
The role requires an enthusiastic, motivated and dedicated individual with excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work as a Management Accountant, based at the West Middlesex site and some flexibility to work from home.Main duties of the job
To support the divisional financial management team in providing a high quality of service for all issues relating to management accounting.
To maintain trust-wide prepayments and accruals schedules for specific areas assigned by the Senior Management Accountant or Senior Finance ManagerAbout us
We provide services from two main hospitals, Chelsea and Westminster Hospital and West Middlesex University Hospital, and a number of clinics across London and the South-East.
We have over 6,000 members of staff that are PROUD to Care
for nearly one million people. Both hospitals provide full clinical services, including full maternity, emergency and children's, in addition to a range of community-based services across London, such as award-winning sexual health and HIV clinics.
We're one of the safest and best performing Trusts in the country. We're also one of the top trusts to work for - our staff say they're engaged, motivated, and would recommend us as a place to work and receive treatment.
In 2020 Trust was rated by the Care Quality Commission as Outstanding in the well-led and use of resources domains and Good in the safe, effective, caring, and responsive domains. The Trust as a whole was Good, but the Chelsea site was Outstanding.
Our facilities are some of the best in the country. We have been investing around �10 million a year in our estate. We are currently spending �25 million on expanding our adult and neonatal critical care facilities at Chelsea and Westminster and redevelopment of our children's unit at West Middlesex - in partnership with our charity, CW+ and generous donors.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
To provide management accounting services to the Trust with the aim of:
Person SpecificationApplication Form and InterviewEssential
- Recording financial transactions accurately and ensuring the integrity of the general ledger is maintained at all times.
- Providing a full analysis to the divisional finance team to support the monthly divisional reports
- Working closely with the different finance teams to ensure that accurate financial reports are completed within agreed deadlines
- Assisting the Financial Management teamby providing further information in relation to transactions in the General Ledger when queried.
- Supporting the production of the statutory Annual Accounts, monthly financial returns to NHS Improvement and monthly management reports
- Ensuring adherence to internal, external and statutory accounting requirements and standards
- Relevant experience in a management accounting environment
- NVQ Level 5 / AAT Certificate Level /Educated to degree level or equivalent experience
- Experience in accounting including processing journals and reconciliations
- Able to demonstrate clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Able to design and update spread sheets and produce financial reports
- Experience in analysing variance and trends
Employer detailsEmployer name
- NHS acute teaching sector or Independent healthcare sector
- Oracle Financial Systems and related applications
- Part CCAB qualified
Chelsea and Westminster Hospital NHS Foundation TrustAddress
West Middlesex University Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.