Infection Prevention and Control Nurse. The post is open to internal applicants only.
Are you ready for a new challenge?
Could you make a difference?
- Interested in developing your nursing career
- Committed to giving the highest standard of patient care
- Compassionate towards patients and their families
- An excellent communicator
- Highly motivated, energetic and innovative
- A full UK driving license holder with access to a car
An exciting opportunity has come up for the infection prevention and control team. We are currently looking for a Band 6 nurse to work 2 days a week across the Hounslow and Richmond areas. The service operates from 9am until 5pm on weekdays excluding bank holidays.
You will join a fully established team which will comprise 4 IPC staff, with support from the Infection Prevention and Control Doctor based at Kingston Hospital, and the Director of Infection Prevention and Control who is also the Deputy Chief Nurse. We have a full and comprehensive annual work and audit program and are committed to working towards zero tolerance of all Healthcare Associated Infections.
Get your career in the right direction, with the right organisation and at the right time - please come to HRCH and be part of this organisationMain duties of the job
We have a full and comprehensive annual work program and are committed to working towards zero tolerance of all Healthcare Associated Infections.
You will have at least 4 years post-registration experience with preferable some experience working as a link practitioner in this specialist area of practice.
You must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, good attention to detail, the ability to use your initiative, to prioritise effectively and to be able to work effectively both autonomously and as a team player.About us
Community healthcare is unlike any other part of the NHS. It's personalised care that helps people to retain their independence. It's the NHS at its best and the difference you make is truly tangible.
Our colleagues often describe us as a family, and we know how important that sense of belonging and support is when you start a new job. It's simple - happy, engaged staff provide better services. In 2018, we were named'Best Place to Work for Employee Satisfaction'
by the Nursing Times. The same year, we won the Workforce category at the HSJ Awards. In the latest NHS Staff Survey results 2020, we had the best response rate amongst community trusts nationally.
We are the top community trust in the country on the theme Quality of care for the third year. We had the highest percentage of staff who felt they are able to deliver the care they aspire to and are satisfied with the quality of care they give to patients or service users. Infection Control
As an NHS Trust we strongly encourage and support vaccination uptake as this remains the best line of defence against COVID-19 and influenza.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
*****Please see the attached job description and person specifications for further details regarding the role.*****Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Registered nurse with current NMC registration
- Recognised teaching qualification e.g. Mentorship, ENB 998, PTLLS, C& G 7303
- In possession of or willing to undertake a recognised qualification related to IPC
- Relevant specialist qualification
- Ability to work independently, use own initiative and as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to develop and influence others
- Experience of IPC audit processes
- At least four years post-registration nursing, with two years recent infection prevention and control specialist nursing experience
- In possession or willingness to undertake a recognised qualification related to IPC
- Broad clinical experience, preferably in community/primary care and acute settings
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience of working as an IPC link practitioner or IPC Nurse experience.
Hounslow and Richmond Community NHS Healthcare TrustAddress
Teddington Memorial Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.