To provide effective clinical and managerial leadership of a ward, in the absence of the senior Ward Lead, which empowers staff to deliver patient- centered, evidence-based nursing care within a defined budget.
Establish systems for a multi-disciplinary approach to patient-centered care delivery, which builds on the philosophy of greater involvement of patients and their relatives/carers by using the Trusts patient and public involvement strategy.
Delivers patient care daily.Main duties of the job
To provide effective clinical and managerial leadership on Coleridge Respiratory Unit alongside and in the absence of the Senior Sister.
Empower staff (colleagues) to deliver patient-centred, evidence-based nursing care within a defined budget.
Work alongside a multi-disciplinary team to deliver patient centred care whilst involving patients and their relatives/carers.
To provide education and support to the junior workforce.
To ensure patient safety is paramount, managing risk and escalating concerns.
To help resolve patient concerns and complaints.
To support innovation and improvement striving to provide high quality care.About us
As an organisation, the NHS offers a wide range of benefits including flexible working, pension contributions, market leading annual leave allowance, career progression, and regular conversations, not to mention our Blue Light Card and NHS exclusive discounts.
The benefits of working in Somerset include the idyllic countryside, with our areas of outstanding beauty and stunning coastlines. You will get to enjoy these perks whilst still only being a stone's throw away from bustling city centres like Bristol, Bath and Exeter and only two hours away from London.
There are excellent educational facilities in the area and, when compared to other regions, house prices are reasonable. You will experience the best of both in Somerset, the countryside and the cosmopolitan - there is truly something for everyone!Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For the main duties and responsibilities for this role please read the attached job description and person specification. When completing your application please ensure your supporting statement reflects the criteria set out in these documents by showing how your experience and skills apply to this post.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- RGN Registration
- Diploma and working towards or willing to work towards degree level
- Teaching/Mentorship Qualification
- First Level/Supervisory Management Qualification or Course
- Knowledge of relevant NHS legislation to include clinical governance/COSHH/Health and Safety/Infection Control/Clinical Waste/Manual Handling / PEAT / Confidentiality and the Data Protection Act
- Basic computer literacy in I.H.S system in the organization and basic word processing, email
- Experience or evidence of knowledge of clinical audit
- Evidence of or knowledge of how to manage conflict
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience at Band 5
- Proven experience of clinical leadership of a team and leading team through change
- Experience of mentoring
Somerset NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Musgrove Park Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.