An exciting opportunity has arisen for a part time Band 5 Anaesthetic Operating Department Practitioners to join our fantastic and friendly team at East Cheshire NHS Trust Theatre Department.
We are looking for a well-motivated and forward-thinking ODP or Registered Nurse with Anaesthetic Care qualification. The applicant should be committed to excellent quality care and enjoy working in a busy Theatre and A& E setting.
We are able to offer experience in a wide range of specialities including, Breast, General Surgery, Gynaecology, Obstetrics, Ophthalmic, Orthopaedic, Trauma, Urology and ENT.
The post will require an on-call commitment and night shift commitment.
The post is open to both Operating Department Practitioners or Nurses with the Anaesthetic qualification. Hours per week: 37.5 PermanentMain duties of the job
To maintain high standards of professional conduct and to promote good professional ethics throughout the Department.
To organise the smooth running of your designated area in the absence of the Team Leader and engender a team spirit with all members of the unit, maintaining a high staff morale.
To ensure that work is carried out in accordance with hospital policies.About us
Whether you are just starting out in your career or are looking to use your skills and experience in a new role, East Cheshire NHS Trust is the right employer for you. An organisation with a real sense of community we actively support and develop our staff to ensure our patients receive the best quality care, delivering the right care first time, every time.
COVID-19 vaccination remains the best way to protect yourself, your family, your colleagues and of course our patients from the virus when working in our healthcare settings. Whilst COVID-19 vaccination is not a condition of employment, we do encourage our staff to get vaccinated. We will be checking the vaccination status of all new starters as part of ongoing monitoring.
Please be aware that this post requires an Enhanced with Barred list Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which is payable by the successful candidate. If you have lived or worked abroad for 6 months or more in the last 5 years you will need to obtain an overseas police clearance. Further information can be found on the additional information links at the bottom of the advert.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please read the attached Applicant Pack prior to completing your application form to find out more information.
Please download a copy of the Job Description and Person Specification located under the Supporting Documents heading to read more about the advertised role.
As part of making your application we encourage you to review the Trusts Careers webpage www.careersateastcheshire.nhs.uk for more information about working for East Cheshire NHS Trust.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome all applications irrespective of age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, race or religion. The Trust is a Disability Confident Leader and as such, applicants with disabilities will be offered an interview providing they meet the minimum criteria for the post (outlined in the Person Specification).
Applicants are advised to apply early as we reserve the right to close the advert prior to the advertised closing date should we receive a large number of applications.
We look forward to receiving your application.Person SpecificationQUALIFICATIONSEssential
- Qualified O.D.P. or R.G.N. (with a post basic anaesthetic qualification)
- Diploma educated or equivalent
- Teaching and assessing qualification.
- Some previous perioperative experience and can demonstrate desire to work in theatre environment
- Dependable on service requirements at time of recruitment the post may be suitable for newly qualified staff or some previous experience may be required.
- Can demonstrate the ability to deliver high standards of care.
- Evidence of continued professional development.
- Can demonstrate the ability to solve problems and prioritise workload.
WORK RELATED CIRCUMSTANCESEssential
- Able to demonstrate good communication skills.
- Able to demonstrate that they work well within a team.
- Able to maintain accurate patient records.
- Basic IT skills
- Able to work with limited supervision.
- Able to demonstrate self motivation and the motivation of others.
- Understanding of the need for change in the clinical setting due to strive for quality.
Other Role RequirementsEssential
- Flexible working shifts pattern including nights, twilight's and on call.
- Good general health and attendance record
- Frequent exposure to highly unpleasant working conditions/ body fluids/noxious fumes/ COSHH regulated substances
- Ability to work with an unpredictable workload and deal with traumatic situations when they arise.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Please refer to the person specification for further role requirements
East Cheshire NHS TrustAddress
Victoria Road, Macclesfield
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.