This post offers an opportunity to come into services at a time when Psychiatric Liaison is high on the national agenda with regard to being embedded in all emergency departments/ wider hospital. Current drivers in services the longer term plan/ treat as one/ side by side etc. are based around Psychiatric Liaison Services.
The service provides all psychiatric input to the Acute Hospital for those presenting with a mental health problem, be it solely in the Emergency Department or as a comorbid presentation on any of the significant number of wards with is approximately 1800 beds. Specialty areas include
- Young people, those aged 16-18
- Drug and Alcohol
- Eating Disorders
- Dementia and Delirium
- Significant incidents of self harm
- People subject to the criminal justice system
- People presenting in mental health crisis
- People with learning disabilities
- Student mental health presentations
The service requires working across a 24 hour shift system. A full training and support package will be offered based around the RCP Psychiatric Liaison Accreditation Standards and the Liaison Competency Framework,. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a continuously developing service that strives to be the best in the country.Main duties of the job
Liaison staff providing comprehensive biopsychosocial mental health assessments.
We have a supportive MDT each day.
Providing psychological interventions to patients within the acute hospital
Liaising with professional's involved in the person's care.
Providing training and education to acute staff.About us
We aim to attract and retain a diverse, talented and committed workforce, who are caring and compassionate, and therefore able to meet the demands of the modern NHS now and in the future. In return we can offer a dynamic working environment in which to build a career.
We are looking for enthusiastic, experienced and confident individuals to enhance the current service provided to those patients presenting to the Acute Trust within our dedicated Liaison Team in Newcastle Hospitals based at the Royal Victoria Infirmary.
The successful candidates will be joining a team with well established links with the acute trusts and will be expected to contribute to the ongoing development of the service.Job descriptionJob responsibilities Please note to apply for this role you must have the right to work in the UK. CNTW NHS Foundation Trust will not provide sponsorship for this role.
To be responsible for the Assessment and Management of casework of service users who have substantial and complex needs.
Provide specialist clinical advice to Service Users/Carers, staff, statutory agencies, 3rd sector partner agencies and the public.
In collaboration with the Service User and Carer where appropriate, develop Recovery and Wellbeing focused Care Plans, ensuring regular reviews to monitor progress and adapt Care Plan as necessary.
To consider Carer needs and ensure Carer and family are involved in Care Planning
where appropriate to deliver evidenced based Clinical and Psychologically based Interventions.
The post holder will work as a member of the Multi-disciplinary Team ensuring that high quality individualised care is delivered which ensures safety and a commitment to promoting recovery and wellbeing and maximising independence.
Coordinate Treatment Planning & Interventions, Reviews and Discharge Planning.
Provide clinical supervision to staff as delegated by Clinical Lead and Team Manager.
To provide compassionate care that is based on empathy, kindness, respect and dignity.
To incorporate a client centred philosophy into nursing practice and client centred collaborative care.
Please find attached job description for full details.
Advertising date : 16th November 2023
Closing date : 30th November 2023
We welcome your application.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- oFirst Level Qualification RMN/RMNH/RNLD or equivalent eg Social Worker, OT (2)
- 12- 24 months minimum experience post registration.
- oPost registration qualification in psychological intervention (2)
- oMentor Training (2)
- oPost registration experience clinical experience relevant to post (1)
- oPost Registration experience of working with service users with complex mental health needs and risk
- oEvidence of MDT working and third sector interface
- oEvidence post registration experience of working autonomously
- oDemonstration of ability to carry out assessment of complex mental health needs
- oEvidence of ability to maintain accurate patient records
- oEffective communication skills
Employer detailsEmployer name
- oDemonstrate ability to utlise de-escalation skills to manage challenging behaviour
CNTW NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Royal Victoria Infirmary Hospital
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.