An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Advanced Practitioner to join the GP Managed Practice, working across both practice sites Cymmer and Cwmafan.
The post holder is identified as a clinical expert and is required to have a high clinical profile ensuring the provision of effective and efficient care. At this level the post holder is expected to work as a highly skilled senior practitioner and to have expert knowledge.
The primary focus of the role is to work as an advanced, autonomous practitioner providing patient-centred clinical care, encompassing the skills of assessment, examination, diagnosis and treatment of patients. The post holder will be expected work at an advanced clinical level within their level of competence and to work flexibly as part of the teamMain duties of the job
Be expected to exercise a high degree of personal professional autonomy. Make critical judgments to satisfy the expectations and demands of the roleand will be guided by health, organisational or broad occupational policies, but in most situations the post holder will need to establish the way in which these should be interpreted and advise relevant stakeholders accordingly.
Act as a practice leader, managing their own workload and work acrossprofessional, organisational, agency and system boundaries to improveservices and develop practice. They will participate in networks, locally,regionally and nationally.
Assess and manage risk and proactively challenge others about risk.About us
We believe staff are our best asset and we want you to be happy and confident about starting your career here in Swansea Bay University Health Board.
As one of the biggest healthcare groups in the UK we can offer a wealth of professional training and development opportunities in an innovative, forward-thinking organisation.
You might be a nurse or doctor, maybe you specialise in a health science/therapy or can offer skills in one of our support services - we have a job for you.
There are also apprenticeships, work placements and volunteering roles available.
We are an inclusive employer and welcome applications from everyone whatever their sex religion or belief race age sexual orientation gender identity or, whether they are pregnant or have recently been on maternity leave, married or are in a civil partnership or, whether they are disabled.
Our values - Caring For Each Other, Working Together and Always Improving, show that our commitment to equality is at the heart of everything we do.
If you want excellent career and training opportunities while living on the doorstep of some of Europe's most spectacular scenery, with all the benefits of a thriving and cosmopolitan city - look no furtherJob descriptionJob responsibilities
The ability to speak Welsh is desirable for this post Welsh and/or English speakers are equally welcome to apply.
You will be able to find a full job description and person specification attached within supporting documents or please click apply now to view in Trac.Person SpecificationQualifications and/or KnowledgeEssential
- Registered Practitioner (e.g. NMC/HPC)
- Relevant Master's Degree Accredited as an Advanced Practitioner
- Registered as a non-medical independent prescriber and registered with relevant professional regulator
- Knowledge and understanding of current policy and issues in professional practice, compliance, standards and the wider NHS
- Evidence of higher level of practice development within specialist area
- Extensive previous experience of working within specialty area
- Demonstrable experience of complex decision making Leadership and management experience
- Significant experience where a degree of autonomous working has been required
Aptitude and AbilitiesEssential
- People management experience
- Teaching and education assessment experience
- Able to demonstrate situations where effective leadership and management skills have been used to improve care
- Be able to demonstrate tact and diplomacy when working with other
- Ability to critically analyse research and apply to practice setting.
- Effective communicator with patients, relatives and all members of the multi-disciplinary health care team involved in primary and secondary care.
- Ability to work in a calm and efficient manner in situations of extreme workload
- Can demonstrate SBU values
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to travel within geographical area.
- Able to work hours flexibly
Swansea Bay University Health BoardAddress
Cwmafan Health Centre
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.